• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Doctor and Voter

Keith&Co.

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
I'm here...
My dad was a hospital pharmacist. He often said, "Don't let the terms Doctor and Patient confuse you about who is hiring whose services."

I think the same must be said about President and Voter.

Trump tried to run the country as a business. In that he rewarded those that benefitted him, punished those that cost him money, prestige, golf time. He saw all parts as being his tools to effect his strategy and maximize his profits. And everyone beneath him owed loyalty upwards, and maybe benefits came back down.

But Trump came to US for a job interview.
A year and a half of "what are your strengths and weaknesses, what experience do you have, what changes would you make if we hired you?"
Promises of what he'd do for us. End wars, build walls, quit golf, lock Hillary up.... essentially the same as, "I'll double your sales without increasing your advertising budget!" "I'll work weekends!" "I'll never be late!"

But he always saw himself as the boss. The one who hires and fires. No fucking wonder he's having a tantrum. It's not the shame of losing the job after the first performance review. It's the incongruity of the assembly line guys telling the CEO he has to leave the company. How dare they!! Scruffy little bastards!

Or, like some doctors when their patient says "Second opinion." Jeez, the temerity! I'm the one thst went to med school!

Back
Top Bottom