• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Gay Muslim Risks Death Filming Secret Documentary On Pilgrimage To Mecca

Potoooooooo

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheist
http://www.queerty.com/gay-muslim-r...t-documentary-on-pilgrimage-to-mecca-20150430

A new documentary called A Sinner in Mecca tells the story of gay Muslim filmmaker Parvez Sharma as he does what more than 15 million other Muslims do annually — travel to Mecca, Islam’s holiest city.
But as a gay man, Sharma’s journey is fraught with peril — homosexuality can be punishable by death in Saudi Arabia.
Sharma sees his film as a message of defiance for the thousands of gay Muslims who are afraid to make the trip. “I felt I was doing it for them,” the Indian-born director told CBS News.

I'm sure the luvvies at the Toronto Film festival will lap this crap up.

Parvez Sharma said:
I feel the film is a call to action to all Muslims to change the things that need to change within 21st Century Islam, we’re running out of time.

He's another idiot that doesn't understand his own religion.

What percentage of Muslims can see "Gay Muslim" as not a contradiction in terms? Is that number growing?

I'd be trekking from Mecca, not towards it.

But such is the religious sentiment. In a Catholic country such as mine, about 90% of the gay people I know are Catholic (or evangelical of sorts). They can't wrap their heads around the fact that people like me are their allies and the religion they subscribe to are quite simply and very well documented(ly) their declared enemies.

The psychopathology of everyday life, so it goes.

I'd be trekking from Mecca, not towards it.

But such is the religious sentiment. In a Catholic country such as mine, about 90% of the gay people I know are Catholic (or evangelical of sorts). They can't wrap their heads around the fact that people like me are their allies and the religion they subscribe to are quite simply and very well documented(ly) their declared enemies.

Who do the religious gays in your country respond to that fact?
(I know what the ones in my country do)

Back
Top Bottom