• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Going to pot.

bleubird

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
none
http://ballotpedia.org/Alaska_Marijuana_Legalization,_Ballot_Measure_2_(2014)
Alaska and Oregon have ballot measures about marijane.
After reading the measure,I think I will vote no.
I smoke the evil weed,but this is poorly composed measure.
There is no way the Anchorage Repug legislators will fund this.
It will be tied up in committees for a long time.
funding will never happen.
I say vote no.And start over with a better prop.

Would this take the "Thunder" out of MTF? Or do people not call it that anymore?

Well,I have no idea wtf you be talking about.
Why would a grower in Ak want this prop to pass?$50/oz.More regs,It works now.$60 I be good for three weeks.No tax no risk no problem.

MTF was a product we would get in Healy called Matanuska Thunderfuck or MTF.

Are these bastards making these props shitty on purpose? Washington's prop was pretty shitty as well.

These folks would have made it illegal to home brew beer if they were writing laws back in the day. It is all about regressive tax revenue for these folks.

Are these bastards making these props shitty on purpose? Washington's prop was pretty shitty as well.

These folks would have made it illegal to home brew beer if they were writing laws back in the day. It is all about regressive tax revenue for these folks.
It was illegal until 1980.

On our local ballot tomorrow, "Shall the Charter of the City of Saginaw, Michigan be amended by adding a new
Section 24A, entitled, “Marijuana,” to state that: “Nothing in the Code of Ordinances
shall apply to the use, possession or transfer of less than 1 ounce of marijuana, on
private property not used by the public, or transportation of 1 ounce or less of
marijuana, by a person who has attained the age of 21 years?”

Nothing more.

If it passes, of course the county sheriffs and state police could still arrest and prosecute, but hey it's a start.

Looks like Alaska prop 2 is going to pass.I still thin it be a mess.No one talked to even read it!

How people voted:
2014 ballot measures - Ballotpedia
  • Alaska Measure 2: 52% (100% reporting)
  • District of Columbia Initiative 71:
  • Florida Amendment 2 (medical): 58% out of 60% -- failed (100% reporting)
  • Oregon Measure 91: 55% (94% reporting)
3 out of 4 isn't bad, especially since the 4th one only lost by not passing a higher threshold.

How people voted:
2014 ballot measures - Ballotpedia
  • Alaska Measure 2: 52% (100% reporting)
  • District of Columbia Initiative 71:
  • Florida Amendment 2 (medical): 58% out of 60% -- failed (100% reporting)
  • Oregon Measure 91: 55% (94% reporting)
3 out of 4 isn't bad, especially since the 4th one only lost by not passing a higher threshold.

Higher thresholds are better for deciding divisive issues.

If a divisive issue is 50/50 then there are two sides equal in size on the issue.

Some people claim that direct democracy is just mob rule. Higher thresholds for some issues is a way to put a check on potential willy-nilly mob rule.

What is amazing is that medical marijuana is still a divisive issue.

Back
Top Bottom