• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Good book on global warming?

DrZoidberg

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
I've given up trying to find a fiction book on global warming. Instead I'm not looking for a good science book on global warming.

There's a lot out there. I want to find a book with projections into the future. Speculations on how the world will be like when it all goes tits up.

I'm not so interested in polemics on politics and what we have to do now now now. That's not a mystery. We need to suck less. We're not going to suck less. So that's a lost battle. I also have no interest in which books the best selling. Science accuracy is not based on winning a popularity contest. I know a couple of people who work for Greenpeace. Total morons. I'm not saying that everybody at Greenpeace is an idiot. More that I have a strong suspicion that they are.

I just want to learn about current science on climate projections.

Any tips?

So apparently the reason this is hard to find is because there's a massive range of possibilities. Nobody knows other than that it will be different. It's analogues to predicting the weather. Which is also hard to do.

I just watch lectures by people like Peter Ward and Richard Alley. I also look for more detailed and academic lectures from sidelinks of their videos.

The amount of current and ultimate change (after all burned and maybe tundra and methane hydrates spill out) in the CO2 in the atmosphere is geologically large and significant.

We have to go back to periods of massive volcanism (large igneous province eruptions) to get a rough analog.

We are truly entering a new geologic age.

https://www.amazon.com/Michael-E.-Mann/e/B001KP3VIW

51BQeL0UIfL._UY250_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom