• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Hamas is much more effective killing Gazans than Israelis

Why shiould we care?

There are people - and I realize this may shock you - who consider folks with brown skin to be human beings as well, and as such their deaths are terrible.

So we should care because they are human beings with brown skin?

The question was on Higgins comment.

So why should we care what the ratio is between Palestinian and Israeli deaths? Is there a magic ratio that makes it a non-issue? And where did the special fixation on brown human beings come from?

No I'm saying you don't care about brown skinned people.

My question had nothing to do with the color of the people, it had to do with ratios of deaths of two nationalities/ethnic groups. I don't care what the colors are, why should a particular 4 to 1 ratio of Palestinian and Israeli death matter?

And you are right, I don't care about brown skin people, or white people, or black people - I only care about people of any color who share my values and try to conduct their lives accordingly. Same goes for societies of people.

There are people - and I realize this may shock you - who consider folks with brown skin to be human beings as well, and as such their deaths are terrible.

We should care because they are human beings.
The question was on Higgins comment.

So why should we care what the ratio is between Palestinian and Israeli deaths? Is there a magic ratio that makes it a non-issue?
Yes, 0/0.

Do you need an air castle explained to you? If your level of "acceptance" is but 0/0, then I will jot that down as a good aspirational closing answer for the final round of a Ms America pageant.

Do you need an air castle explained to you? If your level of "acceptance" is but 0/0, then I will jot that down as a good aspirational closing answer for the final round of a Ms America pageant.
My reaction to LD has been bugging me, I over-reacted and extend my apologies to him. While "0/0" (aka 0:0) is not relevant to the context of poster I was questioning, LD was speaking for himself.

So again I ask, why a specific ratio of 4:1 is objectionable because it is disproportionate? He did not complain it was 0:0 (no deaths), he thought the dis-proportionality to convey something deeply wrong.

Back
Top Bottom