• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

I need help identifying a probably clover species

BH

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Muslim
I have a hedges and flowers growing right next to my house row have and a flower and bush garden in the middle of my front yard. In front of the house and in the garden there are growing these bundles of what appear to be clover. They grow in rounded bunches around six inches to a foot wide and get about four to six inches above ground. They also sprout up so many feet apart too, almost as if someone had come along and planted them that way. They are three leafed clovers, very light green, and their flowers are a light pink. The flowers shrivel up when it gets dark and then open back up at sunrise.

What species of clover are these and if not clover what are they?

A neighbor has told me they are a weed but I don't want to get rid of them. They look pretty in my opinion and make the flower garden and hedge row look nicer. And the bees absolutely love them and I want to help the bees.

I live in Texas about 50 miles straight south of Dallas if that helps any.

This is one of those cases where a picture is worth a thousand words, but I'll give it a shot. My google-fu returns pink wood sorrel.

oxalis-crassipes-rosea.jpg

Thanks very much. That is it. We have a winner. If I had a million dollar prize for the information you would have won it.

Back
Top Bottom