• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Image classification programs

Loren Pechtel

Super Moderator
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
Everything I'm finding is about training to your data set--which is not what I'm after. I just want the nature of the subject of the picture. Must run locally (the images do not leave the computer) and automated as there are upwards of 50,000 images to deal with.

Everything I'm finding is about training to your data set--which is not what I'm after. I just want the nature of the subject of the picture. Must run locally (the images do not leave the computer) and automated as there are upwards of 50,000 images to deal with.
So... Clip?

This is a pre-trained part of most genAI models, the CLIP layer.

Most models have such a layer built in. Flux uses something different (better), I think, but by in large you want to look into local "captioning" models (T5).

You're probably going to want something trained on the image subgenre you are trying to positively/negatively ID on specifically.

I think a lot of people like DeepBoru too.

What is your use case?

Last edited:
So... Clip?

Most models have such a layer built in. Flux uses something different (better), I think, but by in large you want to look into local "captioning" models (T5).

You're probably going to want something trained on the image subgenre you are trying to positively/negatively ID on specifically.

What is your use case?
Sorting out things that might be relevant from the trash that accumulates on a phone. Even person/animal/thing sorting would be quite useful.

So... Clip?

What is your use case?
Sorting out things that might be relevant from the trash that accumulates on a phone. Even person/animal/thing sorting would be quite useful.
Yeah, CLIP, DeepBoru, or T5 I think would be your best bet

So... Clip?

What is your use case?
Which one should I try first?

So... Clip?

What is your use case?
Which one should I try first?
Clip is easiest, T5 would be harder but give the best captions, I think. Maybe Forge would be a good place to start?

Back
Top Bottom