• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Ipod and Itunes questions

laughing dog

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Dogs rule
I am trying to use my Ipod (an old one) with 2022 vehicle. Apparently, the Ipod is too old to be bluetooth compatible (at least my vehicle thinks so). I can plug it in with USB cable, but the technology in the car overrides the structure on the IPOD so that I cannot easily access my playlists. My tech experts (my children) advise me to use the auxiliary port, but no one can find an auxiliary port in my car that will work - they only acccept USB cables not the auxiliary ones.

I know I can get an adapter that will allow me to plug my Ipod output into a USB port. But will that allow me to use my IPOD flywheel to select playlists?

I thought about transferring my music from itunes or my ipod to my iphone, but my itunes will not recognize my iphone. I have not upgraded my itunes in years because the last time I did, I lost all my playlists. Is there way to save playlists during an upgrade?

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thank you in advance for any help or comfort you can give.

I am trying to use my Ipod (an old one) with 2022 vehicle. Apparently, the Ipod is too old to be bluetooth compatible (at least my vehicle thinks so). I can plug it in with USB cable, but the technology in the car overrides the structure on the IPOD so that I cannot easily access my playlists. My tech experts (my children) advise me to use the auxiliary port, but no one can find an auxiliary port in my car that will work - they only acccept USB cables not the auxiliary ones.

I know I can get an adapter that will allow me to plug my Ipod output into a USB port. But will that allow me to use my IPOD flywheel to select playlists?

I thought about transferring my music from itunes or my ipod to my iphone, but my itunes will not recognize my iphone. I have not upgraded my itunes in years because the last time I did, I lost all my playlists. Is there way to save playlists during an upgrade?

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thank you in advance for any help or comfort you can give.
ITunes should let you back the whole device up including playlists on it.

Make the backup of the iPod on old computer, old itunes.

Find a different computer and install a new version of iTunes on it.

Try to do the copy using that constellation of new computer, new iTunes, ipod, iphone.

If the iPod gets hosed, use your old-as-hell shit to restore it proper.

Thanks for the tip. I chickened out and bought a FM adapter that works great with my IPOD. It is easy to install and use, and I don't have spend time copying and recopying stuff.

I gave up trying to use my iPod in the car and put all my music on a USB stick. Then I can just control it via the car's infotainment screen. Then it's always just plugged in and no need to remember or do anything. There are two drawbacks that you can get around if you follow the steps below.

1: Even new cars are dead stupid in terms of indexing artists, albums, songs on a USB stick. I use "DriveSort" that will just give the car the index the right way. Drivesort.exe is free out there IIRC.

2: My car at least won't play anything with a bit rate over around 320kpbs. CD quality works fine but anything you've downloaded as ALAC / Lossless will need to be reduced to a lower bit rate. I use "EZ CD Audio Converter" which is truly EZ to use. It costs around $30 lifetime but if you only need it once or twice it has a 30 day free use so you can use it for 30 days before paying.

Back
Top Bottom