• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Ivanka Trump gets an office in the White House

lpetrich

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
Or at least gets an office there.
White House defends giving Ivanka Trump West Wing office | TheHill
White House press secretary Sean Spicer on Wednesday defended the decision to give Ivanka Trump an office in the West Wing, saying that the first daughter is going "above and beyond" to comply with ethics standards.

“Ivanka has decided to go above and beyond and act in certain ways to ensure she complies with certain rules, by maintaining the federal records act, getting a security clearance so that if she’s privy to any information that is classified, she has to abide by the same rules and regulations about being in room, how it’s handled, et cetera,” Spicer said during his daily briefing.
Presumably to work more closely with her father and perhaps to counter the influence of Steve Bannon and his faction.

Ivanka Trump reverses course, will become a government employee - The Washington Post
“We are pleased that Ivanka Trump has chosen to take this step in her unprecedented role as First Daughter and in support of the President,” the White House said in a statement. “Ivanka’s service as an unpaid employee furthers our commitment to ethics, transparency, and compliance and affords her increased opportunities to lead initiatives driving real policy benefits for the American public that would not have been available to her previously.”
Thus joining her husband Jared Kushner.

She issued a statement about it:
“I have heard the concerns some have with my advising the President in my personal capacity while voluntarily complying with all ethics rules and I will instead serve as an unpaid employee in the White House Office, subject to all of the same rules as other federal employees,” Ivanka Trump said in a statement. “Throughout this process I have been working closely and in good faith with the White House Counsel and my personal counsel to address the unprecedented nature of my role.”
She is either a much better writer than her father or else she has a great ghostwriter.

White House press secretary Sean Spicer on Wednesday defended the decision to give Ivanka Trump an office in the West Wing, saying that the first daughter is going "above and beyond" to comply with ethics standards.

“Ivanka has decided to go above and beyond and act in certain ways to ensure she complies with certain rules, by maintaining the federal records act, getting a security clearance so that if she’s privy to any information that is classified, she has to abide by the same rules and regulations about being in room, how it’s handled, et cetera,” Spicer said during his daily briefing.
Presumably to work more closely with her father and perhaps to counter the influence of Steve Bannon and his faction.

Ivanka doesn't counter anything, she just makes evil look presentable in public.

Ivanka doesn't counter anything, she just makes evil look presentable in public.
Rumor was she stopped the LGBTQ (folks, please acronyms are supposed to make things easier not harder!) reversal Exec Order. I'm out of the good stuff.

The worst part about Ivanka Trump is that this clearly shows that Trump has an extremely small circle of people he trusts... which when running a Federal Govervement, isn't a good thing. Ivanka, like most of the others in this small circle, is clearly ill-equipped and unprepared in this field, like her dad.

Rumor was she stopped the LGBTQ (folks, please acronyms are supposed to make things easier not harder!) reversal Exec Order. I'm out of the good stuff.
YAFLA ;)

The worst part about Ivanka Trump is that this clearly shows that Trump has an extremely small circle of people he trusts... which when running a Federal Govervement, isn't a good thing. Ivanka, like most of the others in this small circle, is clearly ill-equipped and unprepared in this field, like her dad.
True, but I think she might actually have at least a small capacity to empathize...which considering FFvC is a good thing.

YAFLA ;)

True, but I think she might actually have at least a small capacity to empathize...which considering FFvC is a good thing.
While empathy is nice (and needed when dealing with the Donhole and Bannon), I'd also like someone that knows something about domestic or foreign policy.

Back
Top Bottom