• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Jewish leaders to Donald Trump: 'You are not welcome in Pittsburgh'

phands

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Hardcore Atheist
Why do I have the gloomy feeling that this will lead to more acts of Anti-semitism??????

In the wake of Saturday’s mass murder at the Tree of Life Synagogue, Jewish leaders in Pittsburgh have written an open letter to Donald Trump:

President Trump, you are not welcome in Pittsburgh until you fully denounce white nationalism.

And while Trump continues to deny any culpability in this latest hate crime, these leaders are having none of it:

Our Jewish community is not the only group you have targeted. You have also deliberately undermined the safety of people of color, Muslims, LGBTQ people, and people with disabilities. Yesterday’s massacre is not the first act of terror you incited against a minority group in our country.

The murderer’s last public statement invoked the compassionate work of the Jewish refugee service HIAS at the end of a week in which you spread lies and sowed fear about migrant families in Central America. He killed Jews in order to undermine the efforts of all those who find shared humanity with immigrants and refugees.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/20...onald-Trump-You-are-not-welcome-in-Pittsburgh

Good for them. With any luck, the only place the trumpster fire will be able to go is mar-a-shithole, and the staff will all shit in his food. :)

Why do I have the gloomy feeling that this will lead to more acts of Anti-semitism??????

In the wake of Saturday’s mass murder at the Tree of Life Synagogue, Jewish leaders in Pittsburgh have written an open letter to Donald Trump:

President Trump, you are not welcome in Pittsburgh until you fully denounce white nationalism.

And while Trump continues to deny any culpability in this latest hate crime, these leaders are having none of it:

Our Jewish community is not the only group you have targeted. You have also deliberately undermined the safety of people of color, Muslims, LGBTQ people, and people with disabilities. Yesterday’s massacre is not the first act of terror you incited against a minority group in our country.

The murderer’s last public statement invoked the compassionate work of the Jewish refugee service HIAS at the end of a week in which you spread lies and sowed fear about migrant families in Central America. He killed Jews in order to undermine the efforts of all those who find shared humanity with immigrants and refugees.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/20...onald-Trump-You-are-not-welcome-in-Pittsburgh

Unsurprising since Trump has fanned the flames of antisemitism, mostly indirectly. <snip>

Last edited by a moderator:
No, President Trump, the NYSE did not open the day after the Sept. 11 attacks

Trump explains why he didn't cancel his speaking events after Pittsburgh shooting

“I remember when we had the attack in Manhattan, we opened the stock exchange the next day. People were shocked.”

— President Trump, remarks at National FFA Organization Convention, Indianapolis, Oct. 27, 2018

“With what happened early today, that horrible, horrible attack in Pittsburgh, I was saying maybe I should cancel both this and that. And then I said to myself, I remembered Dick [Grasso], a friend of mine, great guy, he headed up the New York Stock Exchange on September 11th, and the New York Stock Exchange was open the following day. He said — and what they had to do to open it you wouldn’t believe, we won’t even talk to you about it. But he got that exchange open. We can’t make these sick, demented, evil people important.”

— Trump, remarks at a campaign rally in Murphysboro, Ill., Oct. 27

No.

The NYSE and even the over-the-counter Nasdaq exchange never opened for trading the morning of the attacks and were closed until Sept. 17 — the longest shutdown since 1933. ...

Back
Top Bottom