• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

John Barleycorn Undistilled - The Finer Touches

I've thought about home-brew but figured I'd need more space than I do currently. Might be worth looking into if I can find a small kit..

You don't need a huge amount of space.

I have an ordinary garden shed with a couple of workbenches, and that's plenty of room.

It's convenient to have water and power, but not necessarily essential.

I use propane for my heat source, but still need power for a fan (because Carbon Monoxide poisoning is no fun).

On this, has anybody used 1 gallon kits? Looked into them last night but I wonder if the cost savings would be worth the effort.

Although, I could see an advantage to this in that if/when I get good at it, I could make some esoteric styles to my own liking. I also wonder what quality of beer I'm likely to get out of a kit like this.

Never fear, I found the home brew stack exchange:

Quality of beer produced from 1 gallon equipment vs more heavy duty equipment

Now to find someone to sell me some decent equipment..

Ever hear of DIY From Beer Maiking magazine: Brew it-build it yerowndamnsef https://beerandbrewing.com/brew-it-yourself-build-it-yourself/

Unfortunately the BBM looks to be a pat your self on the arse and feel good rag that sells lots of fancy exotic sounding stuff which ain't.

Or you can do something else. I went from collecting wooden painted birds to carving and painting them mydrearysef. ... and you get to shop at WoodCraft where you can actually spend big bucks.

*shudder*

Suddenly spending a few extra dollars at the LCBO doesn't sound so bad.

Actually, I might have to look a little further into the cost-benefit of a 1 gallon kit, because if it isn't much I might as well just nix the idea.

Made the rounds at some local breweries in my city today:

19961382_10155384978422194_6071752288017736816_n.jpg

One of the breweries is missing because they only sold Growlers..but sampled with lunch.

Made the rounds at some local breweries in my city today:

19961382_10155384978422194_6071752288017736816_n.jpg

One of the breweries is missing because they only sold Growlers..but sampled with lunch.

From left to right:

London Co-Op: Fruit-wheat (for partner), two chocolate/coffee porters, amber
Forked River: Coffee Porter, Triple IPA, Black Lager, Sour Blonde Ale
Anderson Ales: Winter Ale, and a Stout

Some very good beers in this line-up. Had the winter ale and one of the co-op porters last night.

Visiting local craft beer pub before a Knights game this eve. What from their current beer list to try.

The Imperial Coffee Lager sounds like my thing, also really enjoy the Hansel Und Brettel. Might even have to try my hand at an IPA or two.. all small glasses of course.

Anyone drink Pumpkin Ales this time of year?

I'm about to stock up on our Great Lakes and St. Ambroise varieties.

Back
Top Bottom