• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Just got back from Belize

starwater

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Moving to the 4th Dimension
I took hubby to Belize for a birthday trip. We went to Placencia, and rented a cabana on the beach. Belize is a very typical Central American country. We were able to fly direct 3.5 hour flight and took a puddle jumper to Placencia - although you could drive. We saw a spice farm and Mayan ruins. The town has a long sidewalk you can walk to restaurants and bars. It's a nice inexpensive beach vacation if your into that. Belize offical language is English and they take American dollars, you don't have to exchange money. They have their own currency which is exactly half of American dollar.

I've always wanted to dive Belize... like, the deep blue hole that is around there... Did any underwater touring? :)

How is personal safety in Belize?

My wife went to Santo Domingo with her girlfriend for a weekend. She liked the resort, but felt like she was in jail. SD is not a safe place to go fooling around.

My wife went to Santo Domingo with her girlfriend for a weekend. She liked the resort, but felt like she was in jail. SD is not a safe place to go fooling around.

Yeah--I've heard some good things about what nature has to offer in Costa Rica. Reading about the crime situation, though--no thanks.

Yeah--I've heard some good things about what nature has to offer in Costa Rica. Reading about the crime situation, though--no thanks.

I was in Costa Rica in the 90's. Seemed pretty safe to me. Cristobal, Panama, tho was rough.

I've been to Costa Rica about 4 years ago- and got totally ripped off. Crooks stole my laptop and the luggage it was in. They followed us all around the country and kept punchering our tires until we looked away long enough for them to steal it. Theft is a big issue in that country.

I've been to Nicaragua and it was safe.

Belize was safest out of all of them. No, we did not do the underwater stuff - just snorkeling. There are plenty of those types of vacations there as well.

I've been to Costa Rica about 4 years ago- and got totally ripped off. Crooks stole my laptop and the luggage it was in. They followed us all around the country and kept punchering our tires until we looked away long enough for them to steal it. Theft is a big issue in that country.

I've been to Nicaragua and it was safe.

Belize was safest out of all of them. No, we did not do the underwater stuff - just snorkeling. There are plenty of those types of vacations there as well.

I was working on a cruise ship so was carrying no belongings and was always with a group of guys. Plus we were only ashore for a few hours in the afternoon. I liked CR.

Yup, the puncture your tires in order to get you out of the car bit was high on my list of reasons not to go there.

Back
Top Bottom