• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Kanye West says he wants to ‘abolish’ amendment that repealed slavery in pro-Trump tweet

phands

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Hardcore Atheist
WYF???? I've always disliked Kanye - he's a nasty, venal person. Now I fucking loathe him....

Kanye West wants to lose the Constitutional Amendment that outlawed slavery.

In a bizarre Sunday tweet aboard his private jet, the rapper called for abolishing the 13th Amendment.

“this [sic] represents good and America becoming whole again. We will no longer outsource to other countries. We build factories here in America and create jobs. We will provide jobs for all who are free from prisons as we abolish the 13th amendment. Message sent with love,” West tweeted.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/09/ka...h-amendment-repealed-slavery-pro-trump-tweet/

I am almost 100% certain Kanye West is referencing the penal exception. Which yes, essentially, allows for slavery of prisoners and that is essentially what we do in the United States.

Of course, Kanye is not known for expressing himself with nuance.

Which yes, essentially, allows for slavery of prisoners and that is essentially what we do in the United States.
Every country allows for depriving people convicted of crimes of freedom through custodial sentences. It does not make it "slavery" even if they work in the kitchen or making license plates or whatever. In fact, prisoners having jobs is probably good for their well-being compared to just sitting on their ass for x years.

It's simpler than that- West is a narcissistic idiot, and they attract. He went without a contract for years because he kept insisting he'd be bigger than Jermaine Dupree at Jermaine Dupree's label.

The thing he said about GWB? Stupid. The thing with Taylor Swift? Stupid. Calling himself a proud non-book-reader (I am not making that up)? Stupid. Saying that Slavery sounds like a choice? Stupid.

Yes, he did mean the exception for prisoners, which will definitely not happen with this government, and he still wrote it in a stupid way.

It's simpler than that- West is a narcissistic idiot, and they attract. He went without a contract for years because he kept insisting he'd be bigger than Jermaine Dupree at Jermaine Dupree's label.

The thing he said about GWB? Stupid. The thing with Taylor Swift? Stupid. Calling himself a proud non-book-reader (I am not making that up)? Stupid. Saying that Slavery sounds like a choice? Stupid.

Yes, he did mean the exception for prisoners, which will definitely not happen with this government, and he still wrote it in a stupid way.

It's the Dragon Energy.

Back
Top Bottom