• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Lemmings in KY cheer Trump quote from valedictorian graduation speech, then learn it was Obama

Axulus

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Right leaning skeptic
"This is the part of my speech where I share some inspirational quotes I found on Google," said Bell County High School valedictorian Ben Bowling in his speech. " 'Don't just get involved. Fight for your seat at the table. Better yet, fight for a seat at the head of the table.' — Donald J. Trump."

The crowd burst into applause.

"Just kidding," Bowling said. "That was Barack Obama."

The 18-year-old valedictorian said the crowd quickly went silent.

"The crowd erupted in applause and before they could even finish clapping I said I was kidding and the applause quickly died," Bowling said.
https://www.courier-journal.com/sto...an-quotes-trump-then-reveals-obama/667625002/

Brilliant! :D

"The crowd erupted in applause and before they could even finish clapping I said I was kidding and the applause quickly died," Bowling said.
https://www.courier-journal.com/sto...an-quotes-trump-then-reveals-obama/667625002/

Brilliant! :D

"Try not to be too nervous about it,” Bowling said. “For the most part, if you’ve been successful up to this point there’s nothing to worry.”

If I were him I'd look into a good bullet proof vest.

Someone suggested that Bowling has managed to teach many conservatives something about themselves.

I think that unlikely. He was greeted with silence and one person booed.
If anyone had learned anything, the reply would have been a few hundred people muttering, 'Well, sheeeeet.'

I found the video unsettling. Such lockstep thinking by so many. Even just statistically speaking there should be more in that room that disagree with Trump. I'm sure in high school that peer pressure increases beyond what is typical, not to mention that most high schoolers would simply be following the politics of their parents.

Back
Top Bottom