• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Linux Mint 20.2 Has Been Released

Coleman Smith

Basic Beliefs
Atheist
Linux Mint 20.2

U-tube demo.

This is my third venture with Linux and I have been pleasantly surprised with the latest release.

Previously I had to down load drivers from my printer and scanner.

This release found runs both with out having to down load drivers.

The installation was smooth and it's fully functional.

Of course you get the free office software suite.

I installed it on my lap top.

I am not installing it on my desk top because it will not run Quicken with is an essential progtam.

No, I am not going to use Wine for Quicken.

I haven't looked or touched Linux in about ten years. I was really excited by it for a while and was just recently thinking about taking another look at it. I was using Ubuntu for a while. What took the wind out of me was indeed the messing around with drivers, that was a pain in the backside.

Is there a reason you went with Mint? Did you work with other versions?

I haven't looked or touched Linux in about ten years. I was really excited by it for a while and was just recently thinking about taking another look at it. I was using Ubuntu for a while. What took the wind out of me was indeed the messing around with drivers, that was a pain in the backside.

Is there a reason you went with Mint? Did you work with other versions?
I have twice used Ubuntu.

Down loading drivers were an issue.

I choose Mint this time just of of curiosity.

I just like to play around with different operating systems.

Mint was the easiest to get up and running.

I have Mint installed too. It's easy to use, stable, and does all I want from my desktop computers without any complications. What's not to like? I get some people use Windows because they need some programs or perhaps drivers not available (or not as good) for Mint, but I haven't had any such problems. Then again, I do not need much from the computer.

Back
Top Bottom