• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Long-haired ape woman illustration?

excreationist

Married mouth-breather
Basic Beliefs
Probably in a simulation
In 1997 I made a creation vs evolution website called "Dirt or Slime".
I included the following picture that I found in a library at my university: (and made it slime green)
SLIMPEOP.JPG

Does anyone have any information about this illustration? It would be from a pro-evolution book....

I did a reverse image search on Google....

https://pixels.com/featured/1894-haeckel-pithecanthropus-ape-man-crop-paul-d-stewart.html

1894 Haeckel Pithecanthropus Ape Man Crop

Pithecanthropus europeaus alalus (european speechless ape-man) by Gabriel Max, 1894, reproduced as Photogravure Plate 29 in Ernst Haeckel Naturliche Schopfungs-Geschichte" (Natural History of Creation), Druck und Verlag, Berlin 1898. This painting was presented to Haeckel on his 60th birthday to celebrate his naming (without any fossil evidence!) a 'theoretical' missing link between man and ape "Pithecanthropus alalus". The painting was purely hypothetical as no hominids were yet discovered. Some report it was originally commissioned by Haeckel's enemy Virchow to make fun of him - but if so, it mis-fired as the picture reified the concept. At around the same time, one of Haeckel's students, Eugene Dubois, found the first fossil Homo erectus specimens and gave the new species the name Pithecanthropus erectus honouring Haeckels' speculative ape man."
41_3658195~gabriel-cornelius-ritter-von-max_pithecanthropus-alalus-sprachloser-affenmensch.jpg gettyimages-515466562-2048x2048.jpg

I did a reverse image search on Google....

https://pixels.com/featured/1894-haeckel-pithecanthropus-ape-man-crop-paul-d-stewart.html

1894 Haeckel Pithecanthropus Ape Man Crop

Pithecanthropus europeaus alalus (european speechless ape-man) by Gabriel Max, 1894, reproduced as Photogravure Plate 29 in Ernst Haeckel Naturliche Schopfungs-Geschichte" (Natural History of Creation), Druck und Verlag, Berlin 1898. This painting was presented to Haeckel on his 60th birthday to celebrate his naming (without any fossil evidence!) a 'theoretical' missing link between man and ape "Pithecanthropus alalus". The painting was purely hypothetical as no hominids were yet discovered. Some report it was originally commissioned by Haeckel's enemy Virchow to make fun of him - but if so, it mis-fired as the picture reified the concept. At around the same time, one of Haeckel's students, Eugene Dubois, found the first fossil Homo erectus specimens and gave the new species the name Pithecanthropus erectus honouring Haeckels' speculative ape man."
View attachment 32612 View attachment 32613

Melania and Donald Trump au naturel

The first Hippy and the beginning of the 'back to nature' movement?

I included the following picture that I found in a library at my university: (and made it slime green)
View attachment 32591

Does anyone have any information about this illustration? It would be from a pro-evolution book....

What's a pro-evolution book? Like, someone wrote about how "good" evolution is? Or is it about how much someone likes how incremental changes of lifeforms occur through biological evolution?

View attachment 32591

What's a pro-evolution book? Like, someone wrote about how "good" evolution is? Or is it about how much someone likes how incremental changes of lifeforms occur through biological evolution?
My site was about creation vs evolution and included some creationist sources.... though the picture wasn't from a creationist source....

View attachment 32591

My site was about creation vs evolution and included some creationist sources.... though the picture wasn't from a creationist source....

So to the "pro's" of evolution outweigh the "cons"? What about the "pros vrs. cons." of creation?

I'd say a pro of evolution is that it is self-correcting... and a con is that it is very slow.
A pro of creation is that there is an intelligence guiding it and it can happen at any speed. A con of creation is that there is an intelligence guiding it.....

So do the "pro's" of evolution outweigh the "cons"? What about the "pros vrs. cons." of creation?

I'd say a pro of evolution is that it is self-correcting... and a con is that it is very slow.
A pro of creation is that there is an intelligence guiding it and it can happen at any speed. A con of creation is that there is an intelligence guiding it.....
My "dirt or slime" site was about YEC vs evolution. I started off believing in YEC while making the site then went to atheistic evolution. The following comic is a bit relevant:
https://www.oldearth.org/tract/tract.htm

Back
Top Bottom