• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Man lucky to be alive after pointing a banana at police

laughing dog

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Dogs rule
Is this true?

One of the officers is called "Bunch". The guy lives in Fruitvale.

No doubt if he is convicted, he can get out on a peel.

Well, I've heard of an AK-47 being called a banana gun.... (The clips are sort of banana-shaped.)

What does a banana gun do, anyway--make you gay?

The threat of banana-equipped thugs taking over the streets is a troubling phenomenon. I think the police departments should counter this by equipping officers with tigers, and strategically placed 16 ton weights that can be dropped on people.

Maybe the cop was concerned the guy was going to eat the banana and ten throw the peel down on the sidewalk. That would be hazard to pedestrians. So, maybe the cop felt its best to take a little pre-emptive action.

Lol. This looks like it should be in the Onion, or a similar publication, or something that happens in Florida. Glad that's not the case, at least the FL thing.

Laugh it up if you like but the real problem–the training of police to use deadly force as a first resort is a gravely serious concern to anyone who wants to stay alive in the US right now. This article expresses the problem better than I can: http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2014/11/28/ferguson-reexamined-paul-craig-roberts/

Wake up and realize that we are living in a police state right now.

No. US is no "police state" in any sensible use of the word.

More like a banana republic?

Laugh it up if you like but the real problem–the training of police to use deadly force as a first resort is a gravely serious concern to anyone who wants to stay alive in the US right now. This article expresses the problem better than I can: http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2014/11/28/ferguson-reexamined-paul-craig-roberts/

Wake up and realize that we are living in a police state right now.

No, you're living in a militarised state. A police state is where police are used to crush subversion, a militarised state is where armed yahoos shoot whomever they want and then claim it was operationally necessary.

Most countries manage to run police forces without blowing so many people each year. Why can't the US?

Back
Top Bottom