• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Meanwhile in Election Fraud - Actual events

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
link

To be upfront, the word "fraud" might not be accurate because this is Floriduh. However, it appears there were multiple shady attempts to siphon votes from Democrats to support candidates that weren't really candidates at all, other than having their names on the ballot.
article said:
A month before Election Day in Florida a mysterious company called Proclivity, Inc. contributed $550,000 to a pair of newly formed political action committees in the state.Two days later, the money flowed from the PACs to an Orlando-area print and advertising firm.

Shortly thereafter, came a torrent of nearly identical political fliers seemingly intended to siphon away support from Democratic candidates by tricking voters into casting their ballots for purported spoiler candidates who demonstrated no real interest in getting elected. None, for example, engaged in typical campaigning activities or raised significant funds.

In one case, the mailers appear to have helped a Republican—a co-founder of Latinas For Trump—unseat the Democratic incumbent in a state Senate race by a razor-thin margin of just 32 votes.

Scummy but I don't see fraud here. Spoiler candidates aren't illegal.

Scummy but I don't see fraud here. Spoiler candidates aren't illegal.
Actually, in Florida, they might actually be.

Just run a couple spoilers against some GOP candidates, and they will be illegal and off the ballot before the election even comes around

Yeah, that would get rid of it pretty quickly, although I'm not sure they could have gotten rid of it before the election without ex post facto laws.

Just run a couple spoilers against some GOP candidates, and they will be illegal and off the ballot before the election even comes around

Yeah, that would get rid of it pretty quickly, although I'm not sure they could have gotten rid of it before the election without ex post facto laws.

It's Florida. Look what it took to let felons vote. You can be damn sure they're going to try it if it happens.

Yawn. News of Republicans committing election fraud is like news of dogs biting people. If there were real evidence of Democratic fraud the likes of Tucker and Rush would be erupting from every orifice in glee.

I've previously linked to the story of a top Colorado GOP honcho and talk-show host with his hour-long rant that "the only voter fraud is committed by Democrats." It turned out the only voter fraud he was aware of was his own! :-) He pled guilty (mitigated by mental incompetence) to avoid jail.

It's Florida. Look what it took to let felons vote. You can be damn sure they're going to try it if it happens.

Of course they'll try--I'm just saying I don't think they could do it in that cycle. Next cycle, certainly.

Back
Top Bottom