• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

NBA All-Star Weekend

Tharmas

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Pantheist
It’s the NBA all-star weekend. Personally I believe the NBA outdoes all the other North American major sports with their all-star weekend, hands down.

There are a number of games throughout the weekend: Rising Stars, Celebrity All-Star, classic college game, Next Up game (NBA G League), and the actual All-Star Game. The All-Star Game is incentivized, with thousands of dollars going to the (charity of) the team to win each quarter, with a really big bonus to the team that wins overall, so the players play hard, and play defense as well as offense.

Then there’s the Skills Challenge, the 3-Point contest, and the fan favorite, the Slam Dunk contest.

All this is interspersed with other events like various news conferences, Hall of Fame news conference, NBA Legends awards, media day, team practices, etc.

Finally, the music/entertainment, interspersed between games and at half times, and also in other nearby venues, is tremendous. The act selections are typically representative of contemporary black culture, so you know they’re good. I always hear music that’s new to me.

So that’s it. I’ll be spending time with my TV this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom