• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

NJ Gov Chris Christie wants GOP takeover of election rules, officials

lpetrich

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
Christie wants GOP control of voting rules, election officials | MSNBC
In remarks to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the New Jersey governor said, “Would you rather have Rick Scott in Florida overseeing the voting mechanism, or Charlie Crist? Would you rather have Scott Walker in Wisconsin overseeing the voting mechanism, or would you rather have Mary Burke? Who would you rather have in Ohio, John Kasich or Ed FitzGerald?”

Political scientist Norm Ornstein paraphrased Christie’s comments this way: “How can we cheat on vote counts if we don’t control the governorships?”
He tried to clarify his remarks:

Christie seeks to clarify comments on minimum wage - News - NorthJersey.com
“Everybody read much too much into that,” he said. “You know who gets to appoint people, who gets to decide in part what the rules are, I’d much rather have Republican governors counting those votes when we run in 2016 as Republicans than I would have Democrats. There was no specific reference to any laws.”

Christie noted that he was specifically talking about electing Republican governors and that it is state legislatures that are passing voter identification requirements.
Christie clarifies voter mechanism comments: ‘I was talking about Republican governors being in charge’ | New Jersey News, Politics, Opinion, and Analysis
“I was talking about Republican governors being in charge,” Christie said after 15 minutes of a patron meet-and-greet here at the Mastoris Diner. “Voter ID laws are passed by legislatures. That’s not at all what I was talking about. What I was talking about was, who’s going to be in charge of the state when the votes are being counted.”

“Who do you want to control the vote? Everybody read much too much into that comment. You know, who gets to appoint people, who gets to decide in part what the rules are. I’d much rather have Republican governors counting those votes,” he said earlier.

Another bit of evidence validating microphone hogs go crazy when one is put in from of them. He doesn't look stupid. Then, up pops a microphone and lips part, teeth clank, tongues wag and brain excrement flows out. It really looks bad on a guy who already has the look of a bully.

Naw. These ID laws are to protect the integrity of the elections.

Back
Top Bottom