• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

November 2020 - The elephant in the room

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
So, in Ohio, against the law, the Governor postponed the primary election until early June. This likely isn't going to be cleared up by early June. Columbus is trying to figure out how to deal with the primary election.

Meanwhile, I'm not hearing a thing about the contingency plan for the General Election, which is Constitutionally mandated. The solution would seemingly be simple... mail-in ballots. This becomes an issue for some urban areas, but now is the time to come up with a solution to that problem. The United States has been terribly reactive to this outbreak, not proactive.

We need to address this concern now, so everything can be done legally, not by illegal decrees that the Trump Admin can use to invalidate the election!

So, in Ohio, against the law, the Governor postponed the primary election until early June. This likely isn't going to be cleared up by early June. Columbus is trying to figure out how to deal with the primary election.

Meanwhile, I'm not hearing a thing about the contingency plan for the General Election, which is Constitutionally mandated. The solution would seemingly be simple... mail-in ballots. This becomes an issue for some urban areas, but now is the time to come up with a solution to that problem. The United States has been terribly reactive to this outbreak, not proactive.

We need to address this concern now, so everything can be done legally, not by illegal decrees that the Trump Admin can use to invalidate the election!

Yes to all of that. I have read many news editorials that are calling. for nationwide absentee ballots be sent out of all registered voters. That seems like the best solution as most poll workers are retirees and they don't want to be exposed, if this virus is still rampant in November.

Georgia pushed our primary to May 19th, when we were supposed to vote for all the other primary candidates like those running in the Senate. I already early voted long before that. If we finish our primary on May 19th, it's going to be chaos. We have new voting machines and that was already taking extra time during early voting. I'm assuming there will be a lot more cases of the virus here by May, since not nearly enough people have been taking it seriously. Kemp is an idiot. We were only a little over a week away from our presidential primary voting day, and early voting had been going on for about two weeks. Now what!

Back
Top Bottom