• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Permaweb, you mortal fools - AR dot IO

Janice Rael

Maybe it's literal, maybe hyperbole.™
Basic Beliefs
I believe I need to ask more people
permaweb, you mortal fools, AR dot IO - especially (ohhhh gosh) "transhumanists" who I mention because my understanding (lol, I understand things :ROFLMAO: ) was that their concept was to upload their personalities (OHH) to the internet, a series of tubes, so they could live forever without human bodies, but, somehow also be able to be aware?? of, not sure, future computer communication??? < not why I am posting here.

This link better not be against the rules; I sure hope that it's okay to, uhhh, :rolleyes: chat about computing concepts and the wide open kind of online experience that a lot of us have had and have mourned the loss of. I feel that direct hyperlinks are what we need to use now, more than ever, because Google is no longer our friend, and Bing is user-surly, and SEO has been replaced with ads, AI nonsense, and what has become, for me, whatever; did That Man throw me off his internet??? ohh, yeah.

I'm a longtime fan of MC Lars, Andrew, who I trust, who I wish I could chat with about this, as he's involved with this new frontier of free, open, online presence.

May the light from the fires of the platforms we burn shine our pathway to the permaweb. Here ya go, IIDBers, enjoy your homework.

https://ar.io/

For the folks who want a preview or description:

Unleash the power of the permanent web.

AR.IO is a network of decentralized gateways, permanent domains, and robust integration tools that power the permaweb. No 404s, no lost dependencies, just reliable access to data and applications.

On Facebook, I ended with this:

Markie Z and The Shareholders can enjoy their new AI avatars and bots
🙂
a b c ya, wouldn't wanna be ya
😉

#permaweb

Catch ya on the flip.

Because I love you, and also the algos on LinkedIn put this in my view, here is more info you may like.

This week the ar.io Network Portal was unveiled - designed and developed to make it easier than ever to run your own gateway to the permaweb.

ICYMI, the permaweb is a permanent, decentralized internet built on Arweave. It is similar to the normal web, but everything published on it is available forever. Imagine an internet, without 404s.

By operating your own gateway, users can ensure the integrity of data, avoid reliance on third-party services, and have greater control over the access and distribution of content. Gateways also enable users to contribute to the resilience and decentralization of the network, helping to preserve data permanently and accessibly for everyone. This is what hashtag#web3 is all about.

Kudos to this massive achievement from the team at PDS.

You can start running a gateway right away, and get rewarded in the process: https://network-portal.app
Source:

Lucas Porter-Bakker

Head of Product and Design at PDS, creators of ArDrive and AR.IO.
  • ar_io_logo

PDS

Erasmus School of Economics
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

- ETA

I have NO idea what this means, exactly, but, this is his post from 2 weeks ago:

v2.54 is a massive release.

Through integrating ar.io, ArDrive users can now benefit from some crazy new features. hashtag#Web3 Dropbox on steroids, as they say.

Assign friendly names to your files and data via ArNS, the Arweave Name System. This is great if you're building a website stored on Arweave that needs to be easily shared and accessed across hundreds of gateways in the AR.IO Network.

Select which gateway to retrieve data from, thanks to ar.io's Gateway Address Registry. These decentralized gateways to Arweave ensure that there is no single point of failure when using ArDrive, giving you resilient data access.

You can take it all for a spin right now at: https://app.ardrive.io

Might be marketing BS, but might be worth it, not sure.

Back
Top Bottom