• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Pope Francis brings back the devil

Really? The guy is the fracking "Pope", complete with a funny hat and a magic wand. He is claiming to be the successor of God incarnate on Earth, who died for our sins. Is it not until he brings up the "devil" that his credibility is in doubt and our eyebrows are raised in disbelief? All the other garbage he claims and stands for is otherwise reasonable?

This is a really good point.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_Stuff_the_Little_Devil

Hot Stuff the Little Devil is a comic book character created by Warren Kremer who first appeared in Hot Stuff #1 (October 1957), published by Harvey Comics. Imbued with a mischievous personality and able to produce fire, Hot Stuff appears as a red child devil who wears a diaper (said to be made of asbestos) and carries a magical sentient pitchfork (referred to as his "trusty trident"), which is a character in its own right

Film

On April 16, 2014, it was reported that DreamWorks Animation is developing a live-action/CGI film based on the character with Wendy and Lizzy Mollynuez set to write it. It will be the first DreamWorks Animation film to use live-action and computer-animation.[1] It will be the second DreamWorks animated film to feature characters from the Classic Media library, first was Mr. Peabody & Sherman.

Yeeeehaw! Exorcise THIS! :devil-smiley-029:

Really? The guy is the fracking "Pope", complete with a funny hat and a magic wand. He is claiming to be the successor of God incarnate on Earth, who died for our sins. Is it not until he brings up the "devil" that his credibility is in doubt and our eyebrows are raised in disbelief? All the other garbage he claims and stands for is otherwise reasonable?

This is a really good point.

Maybe not reasonable but I think people were giving him a break because he seemed to be making a lot of good decisions, which is rare for a Pope. Personally I wasn't a fan of him.

Maybe I'm not a pragmatic guy but the strategy of pragmatically siding with "moderate" religious figures often frustrates me. This strategy enables and lends undue credibility to them. In an effort to win the hearts of minds of idiots, secularists become cheerleaders for "enlightened" religious leaders whose belief system is mostly identical to that of terrorists and irrational extremists but for one or two things we deem important and worthy of forming a pragmatic alliance over.

Back
Top Bottom