• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Probable driver issue

GenesisNemesis

Let's Go Dark Brandon!
Basic Beliefs
Secular Humanist, Scientific Skepticism, Strong Atheism
My laptop screen started flickering. I went into safe mode and the flickering stopped, I am told this is because safe mode uses different drivers. I'm pretty sure that means the flickering is a driver issue, is this correct? If so, how do I fix it? Windows claims the driver is up to date.

It could be a driver issue. Safe mode only loads the basics to function. I'm not sure what version of windows you're running, but uninstalling and reinstalling the driver could help if the driver has become corrupted somehow. Alternatively, it could be something else that's not loading when you're using safe mode that could be the problem. To uninstall/reinstall your video driver: Start Menu --> Right click on computer ---> Click manage. Computer management box pops up. In left side click device manager ---> On right side click display adapters. Now a box has popped up with General, Driver and Details tabs. On the driver tab you can see the name and version of your driver. I would google this and get the most recent version from the manufacturer of your device. Once that's downloaded, on the box we had open click "roll back driver" and let the computer do it's thing. You'll have to restart. Then click on your new driver you downloaded to install it. Hopefully this will fix your issue. Good luck!

It could be a driver issue. Safe mode only loads the basics to function. I'm not sure what version of windows you're running, but uninstalling and reinstalling the driver could help if the driver has become corrupted somehow. Alternatively, it could be something else that's not loading when you're using safe mode that could be the problem. To uninstall/reinstall your video driver: Start Menu --> Right click on computer ---> Click manage. Computer management box pops up. In left side click device manager ---> On right side click display adapters. Now a box has popped up with General, Driver and Details tabs. On the driver tab you can see the name and version of your driver. I would google this and get the most recent version from the manufacturer of your device. Once that's downloaded, on the box we had open click "roll back driver" and let the computer do it's thing. You'll have to restart. Then click on your new driver you downloaded to install it. Hopefully this will fix your issue. Good luck!

Seems to have worked. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom