• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Question About Facebook

ZiprHead

Loony Running The Asylum
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Don't be a dick.
I have a facebook account but rarely use it. Found it to be nothing but a huge time-sucker. Found out someone was trying to scam my sister over facebook messenger. He keeps telling her how much he loves her and that he needs help to get 1.8 million dollars into the US from where he works as a Shell employee in Afghanistan. I went to his FB page and called him everything in the book but a human and told him to leave my sister alone. I also told the friends he had on his page what he was doing.

He sent my sister a message saying he is going to shoot me. Internet threats, sheesh, I'm really soooo scared. Fucking asshole.

The only info on his FB page is his name and employment at Shell, both lies I assume. Just wondering if there is any way to track down more info on a facebook user? Any thoughts?

If he made threats to you over Facebook, notify Facebook. I believe they have a legal obligation to forward the user's information onto the local authorities.

Even if the authorities in his case might say "Excellent! Death to another heathen American!" and not want to actually stop him from killing you, they will, at a minimum, beat the shit out of him in order to steal all the money he's looking to smuggle out of their country and use it to finance attacks against the Pakistani government. The Pakistani government is full of assholes.

I have a feeling he is in the Philippines. Many of the friends on his page were there.

If FB blocks him, can he just set up another account or is it at IP level? That would be cool to get him banned from FB.

I have no idea how that works. I assume that they have some sort of controls in place to stop people from just setting up new accounts. I'm fairly sure that they have a legal obligation to act in response to death threats and if he wants to just set up a new account and keep going afterwards, it's not the first time they've run into that situation.

Back
Top Bottom