• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Question for the Catholics and ExCatholics here

BH

Super Moderator
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Muslim
Hello,

If the virgin Mary appeared at Fatima with a message that was supposed to be delivered to the world in 1960 why did the woman who supposedly received this revelation as well as the assistants to the pope(s) who know what this secret is refuse to go ahead and reveal it even if the pope told them not to? It seems to me the command to reveal this information came from the BIG GUY himself through Mary so I'd figure that would trump anything the pope in 1960 or after told anyone to do in the matter. :rolleyes::rolleyes::hysterical:

That's not how catholics work.
Catholics are respectful of hierarchy, and trust the priests above themselves for interpreting anything divine.
Catholics don't read the bible, they are taught what to know about "saint history" at sunday school, and taught about Jesus said and how to interpret his words during mass.
So I'm not surprised that a good catholic would do as the pope said, even if he was the primary recipient of the message. The message was passed up to the pope, the pope says there's a misunderstanding and it must not be revealed the way the recipient thought, the recipient abides by the pope's divinely inspired wisdom. That's how it works.

(BTW, the secret was eventually revealed anyway, something to do with JP2 assassination attempt if I remember well - quite underwhelming for something that was supposed to have been so dramatic it absolutely had to be kept hidden)

(BTW, the secret was eventually revealed anyway, something to do with JP2 assassination attempt if I remember well - quite underwhelming for something that was supposed to have been so dramatic it absolutely had to be kept hidden)

At the time I had the impression that the official explanation was contrived by the Church Hierarchy to lay the Fatima secret to rest once and for all. Not that the actual secret, whatever it was, has any sort of credence, but it may have been something deemed by the church hierarchy to have the potential to cause social unrest if revealed. Consequently the watered down official version of ''this is the true and actual secret of Fatima'' ('however lame our little spiel may appear to you the naive layperson')

I agree that "the secret" had no credence anyway, but I was jusr curious about the psychology behind why no one shared it if it was supposed to be shared. Me, being my smartassity self, if given a direct revelation from Mary, Jesus, or whatever would infer they told me what they had to say in way I would not misunderstand it.

Let me ask another question to you who were Catholics.

Malachi Martin

Was he some shyster or what?

Back
Top Bottom