• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Ray Comfort on the stupidity of atheism/atheists

I never understood why the anti-science crowd seems to want everything to be so simple and boring that they literally deny the awesomeness of god's creations.
Well, the anti-science crowd ARE pretty simple and boring.
And no fans of Jackson Pollock, I would imagine.

They are pretty sure that beauty can ONLY be the product of an intelligence. Stuff they slap together looks like it was slapped together. Stuff that was designed for elegance takes work, so they assume all elegance requires work.

But then, inelegant details, like the appendix, or a whale's vestigial legs, or wisdom teeth, do not argue against design work because... Reasons.

I never understood why the anti-science crowd seems to want everything to be so simple and boring that they literally deny the awesomeness of god's creations.
Well, the anti-science crowd ARE pretty simple and boring.
And no fans of Jackson Pollock, I would imagine.

They are pretty sure that beauty can ONLY be the product of an intelligence. Stuff they slap together looks like it was slapped together. Stuff that was designed for elegance takes work, so they assume all elegance requires work.

But then, inelegant details, like the appendix, or a whale's vestigial legs, or wisdom teeth, do not argue against design work because... Reasons.

.. Or they deny the inelegance of it... a little less bad in my view. At least they aren't denying the awesomeness

Back
Top Bottom