• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Repug budget buster already out of the gate

funinspace

Don't Panic
Basic Beliefs
functional atheist; theoretical agnostic
Not that the US has actually cut the military-comlex yet, they have only shuffled the shells to hide the non-cuts. Anywho, McSame will be pushing to end “sequestration” for the military-complex.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...ve-a-war-plan-for-isis-ukraine-and-obama.html
McCain said his first order of business as chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee will be to end the budget rule known as sequestration, which requires the U.S. military to cut its budget across the board. “I want to start an examination of our policies in the world and then find out whether we have the capability to meet these expectations,” McCain said. McCain also said he would use his chairmanship to root out overspending at the Pentagon, but he emphasized his desire to reverse sequestration.
On the 2016 front, McCain has hinted he might even prefer a Pres. Hillary over a Pres. Paul, as neocon militarism is the highest priority.

McConnell is eying tax cuts, the question is just how big…. The only good news in this is that corporate taxes are only 10% of the roughly $2.8 trillion in federal tax revenue. So even a major cut in corporate taxes won't feed the deficit as bad as one might think.
https://www.emptywheel.net/2014/11/...gop-started-laying-plans-to-grow-the-deficit/
First, McConnell said he would roll out tax reform — that is, very large tax cuts for corporations. That’s clearly payback for the Chamber of Commerce, which had a very critical role in the GOP’s success, according to this great article from the WaPo.
<snip>
Of course, that’s going to leave a hole in the budget. Eliminating the medical device tax — another tweak McConnell promised to make to ObamaCare — will create another hole in the budget.
<snip>
Still, all the cutting in the world isn’t going to make up for steep drops in corporate tax cuts. Which means — as always happens when Republicans are in charge — we should expect the deficit to start growing again.

Gee, where have we seen that formula before? Increased military spending and cut taxes on those most able to pay….never mind that DI will run out of its Trust funds in 2016. DI will either have to cut benefits by about 30%, or will have dip into Peter’s (Social Security’s) pot of imaginary gold.

Gee, where have we seen that formula before? Increased military spending and cut taxes on those most able to pay….never mind that DI will run out of its Trust funds in 2016. DI will either have to cut benefits by about 30%, or will have dip into Peter’s (Social Security’s) pot of imaginary gold.
Democrats inheriit the worst economy since the '20s, pretty much right the ship... and then get fired so that the Republicans can steer us back at the waterfall. How many jobs were created by the W tax cuts? Because if memory serves, they went into full affect and then the global economy crashed.

I'm starting to think wildly undisciplined tax cuts don't actually create jobs after all.

Democrats inheriit the worst economy since the '20s, pretty much right the ship... and then get fired so that the Republicans can steer us back at the waterfall. How many jobs were created by the W tax cuts? Because if memory serves, they went into full affect and then the global economy crashed.
Gnats don't seem to have a good memory. Though I hardly think the ship has been righted. But yeah it could have been worse, and still could get worse. On the job front, I've seen a few comments about 10 million jobs. Well, it also matters as to what kind of jobs those are. I think this chart provides a clearer picture about those great 10 million jobs from this recovery:
NetChange.png

The PDF report:
http://www.nelp.org/page/-/reports/...stry-employment-wages-2014-report.pdf?nocdn=1
Private sector employment has finally reached prerecession levels, but Figure 1 illustrates that job losses and gains are unevenly distributed across industries. Previously, we found that mid- and higher-wage industries absorbed significant job losses during the downturn and that early job gains were concentrated in lower-wage industries. Several official revisions to the underlying employment data did not materially alter our findings about job loss patterns, and net job growth remains concentrated in lower-wage industries where employment now exceeds prerecession levels by 1.85 million. Today, there are nearly two million fewer jobs in mid- and higher-wage industries than there were before the recession took hold.

I'm starting to think wildly undisciplined tax cuts don't actually create jobs after all.
Shocking :D

Gnats don't seem to have a good memory. Though I hardly think the ship has been righted. But yeah it could have been worse, and still could get worse. On the job front, I've seen a few comments about 10 million jobs. Well, it also matters as to what kind of jobs those are. I think this chart provides a clearer picture about those great 10 million jobs from this recovery:

What's amazing is that some think the political parties are somehow responsible for this. All they know how to do is win elections by telling lies.

This is the economic system in action.

The problem is the economic system, and the government is just a part of that system.

And the government is not the directing force of the system.

It is not the brains. It is just the muscle. And for the too big to fail the free insurance policy.

Thus the apathy. People know the clowns called candidates on television are not in control. They are merely puppets with ambition working for people we don't see. Get rid of these clowns and all you get are more clowns.

When people of substance that could really change things, like Ralph Nader, arise, the supporters of clowns mock them.

The supporters of worthless clowns like Hillary Clinton do this.

Back
Top Bottom