• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Rick Perry Meets Bus or Satire meets Truth

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
Well, satire has been moved to FH, so you'll need to go there to see my piece on 10/2. While the piece indicates Trump blamed the Democrats for him contacting Ukraine about the Bidens and Trump wanting nothing of it, Trump apparently has tossed Rick Perry under the bus instead. So I think I get half credit.

As we all know, the Secretary of Energy is the most powerful person in the country and can order the President around.
article said:
President Trump told House Republicans that he made his now infamous phone call to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky at the urging of Energy Secretary Rick Perry — a call Trump claimed he didn’t even want to make.

Behind the scenes: Trump made these comments during a conference call with House members on Friday, according to 3 sources on the call.
  • Per the sources, Trump rattled off the same things he has been saying publicly — that his call with Zelensky was "perfect"and he did nothing wrong.
  • But he then threw Perry into the mix and said something to the effect of: "Not a lot of people know this but, I didn't even want to make the call. The only reason I made the call was because Rick asked me to. Something about an LNG [liquefied natural gas] plant," one source said, recalling the president's comments. 2 other sources confirmed the first source's recollection.

For such a "perfect call", Trump has seemed to have attempted several different ways to spin its existence and significance.

Does transcript mention energy stuff?

Of course it does, it's just in diplomatic code because neither country wanted to commit its resources to large scale infrastructure projects this early in the negotiations. Basically, whenever Trump mentioned "Investigate Biden", it meant "Invest in LNG plants".

The President's willingness to be subjected to an impeachment inquiry instead of breaking diplomatic protocol by publicly commenting on this code simply shows what a strong an honourable man of integrity he is and how much he's committed to the well being of his country and his country's allies.

Of course it does, it's just in diplomatic code because neither country wanted to commit its resources to large scale infrastructure projects this early in the negotiations. Basically, whenever Trump mentioned "Investigate Biden", it meant "Invest in LNG plants".

The President's willingness to be subjected to an impeachment inquiry instead of breaking diplomatic protocol by publicly commenting on this code simply shows what a strong an honourable man of integrity he is and how much he's committed to the well being of his country and his country's allies.

I tear up for our great leader who suffers for us. Such a martyr.

At what point does one feel sorry for a stupid crackpot right-wing slime?

Rick Perry qualifies for the above. He is not an admirable person being so right wing. He's a dolt who has the position of Sec of Energy that has traditionally been held by a PhD Physicist, not a low intelligence politician.

And yet, I can't help feeling a little bit sorry for the guy who Trump seems to have randomly decided to blame for Trumps own greed and self-service.

Rick Perry qualifies for the above. He is not an admirable person being so right wing. He's a dolt who has the position of Sec of Energy that has traditionally been held by a PhD Physicist, not a low intelligence politician.

And yet, I can't help feeling a little bit sorry for the guy who Trump seems to have randomly decided to blame for Trumps own greed and self-service.

Well, look at it from Trump's point of view. There has to be someone to blame and, since it's not him, why not the guy who's quitting in a couple of months and he won't have to awkwardly avoid eye contact with at meetings for much longer?

Well, look at it from Trump's point of view. There has to be someone to blame and, since it's not him, why not the guy who's quitting in a couple of months and he won't have to awkwardly avoid eye contact with at meetings for much longer?

In a bar brawl I think Perry can take Idiot-in-Chief.

And -- can this really be -- Trump and his surrogates (i.e., 99% of the GOP) -- are now categorizing his remark that the Chinese need to investigate Biden as just a joke??? The base will believe this (or not care about it, essentially)??? If that's how Trump jokes, with a red, angry face and his little hands spread out like Jolson when he's singing his final note, then, in all fairness, we need a Trump Joke Interpreter at every appearance.

The public China deal was a red herring, his own, in order to deflect the not so red herring Ukrainian request (well, he used the word "favor") he made right after the Ukrainian leader brought up the missiles.

Yeah but until then they’ll both be staring at the back of their cereal boxes during the daily briefing.

It was a serious question. Did he mention it at all?

It was a serious question. Did he mention it at all?

Of course not. It only became a central theme of the call a couple of months after the call happened, so there was no reason to bring it up during the call. Trump's just throwing shit against the wall right now to see what sticks and can be turned into a talking point. The ones which don't won't be brought up again.

Back
Top Bottom