• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Salas Dressings

steve_bank

Diabetic retinopathy and poor eyesight. Typos ...
Basic Beliefs
secular-skeptic
Anyone have a coleslaw dressing recipe? I need something without a lot of sugar or fructose.

Or any other dressing. Dressings are expemsive and usually high cal from carbs' plus chemical additives.

My old standby used to be ketchup and mayo.

Spring for good olive oil and vinegar. You can use fancy mustard as an emulsifier. Watch out there for the sugars. Don't worry about the fats from the oil.

Anyone have a coleslaw dressing recipe? I need something without a lot of sugar or fructose.

Or any other dressing. Dressings are expemsive and usually high cal from carbs' plus chemical additives.

My old standby used to be ketchup and mayo.

You can make your own dressings using artificial sweeteners rather than sugar. I make my own sugar free poppy seed dressing. The net is full of recipes for salad dressings. You can start with unflavored yogurt and make a decent dressing from that. Lots of dressing manufacturers offer low fat dressings, look carefully at your grocery store's dressing offerings. I have been using blue cheese a lot on salads. Adds flavor. Add a splash of olive oil and fresh ground pepper.

Spring for good olive oil and vinegar. You can use fancy mustard as an emulsifier. Watch out there for the sugars. Don't worry about the fats from the oil.

Seconded. Partner and I would always buy a dressing or two over the past few years, but they always go bad before we finish them. But olive oil / balsamic vinegar is a simple and surprisingly good dressing.

Back
Top Bottom