• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Sam Peckinpah or Sergio Leone?

Who's Films Do You Prefer?

• Total voters
"Once Upon a Time in the West"...for cinematography and for Ennio Morricone's soundtrack.

I had to look up Sam Peckinpah on Wikipedia, I think I have seen a couple of his films.

Sergio Leone's films were a rather large part of my childhood, and not only because of Clint Eastwood. One of my favorites was My Name is Nobody.

I had to look up Sam Peckinpah on Wikipedia, I think I have seen a couple of his films.

Sergio Leone's films were a rather large part of my childhood, and not only because of Clint Eastwood. One of my favorites was My Name is Nobody.

Sam Peckinpah did three great films as far as I'm concerned; the war film Cross Of Iron with James Coburn. The classic western The Wild Bunch with William Holden and the western Pat Garrett & Billy The Kid with Kris Kristofersen and music by Bob Dylan. He also did the infamous film Straw Dogs with Dustin Hoffman which contained a notorious rape scene.

However Sergio Leones westerns trump Peckinpahs films. I still remember the first time I saw The Good, The Bad & The Ugly and was blown away by it.

I like several of both Peckinpah's and Leone's films; however, I would take either Ride the High Country or The Wild Bunch over any of Leone's. It wouldn't be by a huge margin, but I'd lean towards Peckinpah.

Poor Peckinpah is trailing 6:1 at the moment. I figured he was more popular than that.

Back
Top Bottom