• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Sauce Recipes

rousseau

Contributor
Lately I find myself getting bored of the usual sauces partner and I buy from the grocery store, and have been thinking more and more about getting into the world of making my own. Unfortunately, I have absolutely nothing useful to contribute to this thread, but I thought I'd get it started for others to maybe share a few they like.

Personally, I'm interested in more of a curry sauce, or something to go with a stir fry aka rice / meat / veg dish, preferably with a touch of kick (but not too much), but feel free to post whatever you like.

One sauce I have been whipping together lately is a super simple avocado sauce - avocado / yogurt or sour cream or mayo / garlic / seasoning to taste. Other than that I'll make the occasional ad hoc cole slaw dressing, but that's about the extent of my exploration so far.

Jar of ‘hot’ Mango chutney + quarter pint of single cream. Bring to boil, stir and simmer for 10 mins, and pour over fried chicken pieces and rice.

Alternatively, pour the mixture over uncooked chicken in a baking dish and cook in an oven. Serve on boiled basmati rice.

Sprinkle with some crushed, roast peanuts and fresh, chopped coriander.

Have warmed naan bread with it.

It’s ridiculously easy but it just works. 🙂

Thinking this might be an area that would benefit from a recipe book. Much easier than wading through Google when you don't know what you're looking for, and likely better recipes too.

Here is one I saw first on the Game Of Thrones Cookbook
A1KWl-pvOLL.jpg

Burnt Toast Sauce
This recipe makes a lovely, rich sauce that pairs well with robust red meats, such as venison, lamb, and beef. The quantities of ingredients can be tweaked to make the sauce thicker or thinner to your preference, and you should also feel free to adjust the amount of pepper to taste. The tartness of the vinegar might surprise you on first taste, but after a little acclimation, we think you’ll like it as much as we do. The charred tasted of the bread combined with the bite of the pepper rounds out the flavor sensations that go with this sauce.

Ingredients

1 slice bread, toasted until black
1/3 cup verjuice, or equal parts cider vinegar and water
1 Tbs. wine vinegar
1 Tbs. ground black pepper
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
Soak the burned bread in the liquid until it has fallen apart; mash with a fork. Stir in the spices and slowly bring to a boil. For a thinner sauce, add more liquid; for a smoother version, press through a sieve.

Back
Top Bottom