• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Sen. Murkoski - Dunno if I'll vote for Trump in 2020

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
article said:
"When I saw General Mattis' comments yesterday I felt like perhaps we are getting to a point where we can be more honest with the concerns that we might hold internally and have the courage of our own convictions to speak up," Murkowksi said on Capitol Hill.

Murkowski, a Republican who has demonstrated an independent voting streak in the Senate, told reporters Thursday that she was still "struggling" with a decision about whether she would support Trump in November.

"I am struggling with it. I have struggled with it for a long time I think you know that. I didn't support the President in the initial election, and I work hard to try to make sure that I'm able to represent my state well that I'm able to work with any administration and any president," Murkowski said. "He is our duly elected President I will continue to work with him. I will continue to work with this administration but I think right now as we are all struggling to find ways to express the words that need to be expressed appropriately, questions about who I'm going to vote for not going to vote for I think are distracting at the moment."
There are a couple ways to take this. "Thank goodness someone is waking up and saying the President is naked!" The other thing is "Umm... what could Trump possibly do between now and the election that'd get your support?"

She is hedging with this statement. Trying to look independent without actually taking a stand... just saying that it is alright to have a different opinion. And yes, for the GOP, that is actually a substantial position to hold.

Trump's reaction was pretty quick as he said "Her words forced me into self-reflection and analyze if maybe I had made a mistakes. Her words in addition to my Sec. of Defense and former Sec of Defense has made me realize that my decisions might have put my interest in front of the nation's, of which is a very humbling realization."

Kidding. He promised to primary her.

Senator Murkowski's comments stand out compared to the Senator Graham's and Inhofe's and Cotton's comments.

Our President seems to forget that the owes Senator Murkowski a debt of gratitude for her vote against impeachment.

Senator Murkowski's comments stand out compared to the Senator Graham's and Inhofe's and Cotton's comments.

Our President seems to forget that the owes Senator Murkowski a debt of gratitude for her vote against impeachment.
Bart: Here's a Danish, Krusty.
Krusty: Gimme, gimme, gimme! [Eating] Now, that's a Danish. Where'd you get it?
Bart: I stole it from Kent Brockman.
Krusty: Great! Uh, he didn't touch it, did he?
Bart: No.
Krusty: Good job, kid. What's your name?
Bart: I'm Bart Simpson! I saved you from jail!
Krusty: Oh, I-
Bart: I reunited you with your estranged father!
Krusty: Uh, I don't, uh-
Bart: I saved your career, man! Remember your comeback special?
Krusty: Yeah, well, what have you done for me lately?
Bart: I got you that Danish.
Krusty: And I'll never forget it!

article said:
"When I saw General Mattis' comments yesterday I felt like perhaps we are getting to a point where we can be more honest with the concerns that we might hold internally and have the courage of our own convictions to speak up," Murkowksi said on Capitol Hill.

Murkowski, a Republican who has demonstrated an independent voting streak in the Senate, told reporters Thursday that she was still "struggling" with a decision about whether she would support Trump in November.

"I am struggling with it. I have struggled with it for a long time I think you know that. I didn't support the President in the initial election, and I work hard to try to make sure that I'm able to represent my state well that I'm able to work with any administration and any president," Murkowski said. "He is our duly elected President I will continue to work with him. I will continue to work with this administration but I think right now as we are all struggling to find ways to express the words that need to be expressed appropriately, questions about who I'm going to vote for not going to vote for I think are distracting at the moment."
There are a couple ways to take this. "Thank goodness someone is waking up and saying the President is naked!" The other thing is "Umm... what could Trump possibly do between now and the election that'd get your support?"

She is hedging with this statement. Trying to look independent without actually taking a stand... just saying that it is alright to have a different opinion. And yes, for the GOP, that is actually a substantial position to hold.

Trump's reaction was pretty quick as he said "Her words forced me into self-reflection and analyze if maybe I had made a mistakes. Her words in addition to my Sec. of Defense and former Sec of Defense has made me realize that my decisions might have put my interest in front of the nation's, of which is a very humbling realization."

Kidding. He promised to primary her.

Lisa Murk: "Dunno much, but I don't know how to love him, Donald Trump, Superstar, who in the world do you think you are? And that may be all I need to know!"

What a coward. A hand-wringing coward. She ought to have voted for impeachment when it came time to vote. Or at least pushed for cross-examination of witnesses.

Here's what I call courage:
  • Jeannette Rankin. On 1917 Apr 6, Congress voted on getting the US into the war in Europe. She was one of about 50 who voted against doing so, but she got most of the attention for doing so. She was not re-elected for a long time.
  • Jeannette Rankin again. On 1941 Dec 8, Congress voted on declaring war on Japan, after Japan's attack on Pearl Harbor. She was the only one to vote against doing so, and she was never re-elected again.
  • Barbara Lee. On 2001 Sep 14, Congress voted Authorization for Use of Military Force resolution for war in Afghanistan. She voted against it, the only one in Congress to do so, because she considered it too broad and open-ended.
  • Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. On 2020 Apr 23, the House voted on a $484 billion coronavirus-relief package that the Senate had already passed. She voted against it, the only Democrat, though she was joined by 4 Republicans. Not long before, she denounced it as "shameful", with a massive corporate bailout and "crumbs" for everybody else.

thanks so much murk, but that's not the vote that mattered.

Alaska is a red state.Anchorage and the Mat valley own the legislature.Even liberal Juneau has a lot of MAGA heads.

Back
Top Bottom