• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Star Wars - The "Death" Star

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
Tarkin: Princess Leia, before your execution I would like you to be my guest at a ceremony that will make this battle station operational. No star system will dare oppose the Emperor now.

Princess Leia: Didn't you already lay waste to Scarif?

Tarkin: What now?

Leia: The more you tighten your grip, Tarkin, the more star systems will slip through your fingers.

Tarkin: Not after we demonstrate the power of this station. In a way, you have determined the choice of the planet that'll be destroyed first. Since you are reluctant to provide us with the location of the Rebel base, I
have chosen to test this station's destructive power... on your home planet of Alderaan.

Leia: No! Alderaan is peaceful. We have no weapons. You can't possibly...

Tarkin: You would prefer another target? A military target? Then name the system!

Leia: *pauses* Dantooine.

Tarkin: See Vader, I told you she could be reasonable. You may fire when ready.

Leia: What?

Tarkin: You're far too trusting. Dantooine is too remote to make an effective demonstration. But don't worry. We will deal with your Rebel friends soon enough.

Leia: No!

*A button is pressed which switches on a panel of lights. A hooded Imperial soldier reaches overhead and pulls a lever. Another lever is pulled. Vader reaches for still another lever and a bank of lights on a panel and wall light up. A huge beam of light emanates from within a cone-shaped area and converges into a single laser beam out toward the general direction of Alderaan.*

Gunner Sergeant: Aw shit.

Tarkin: What?!

Gunner Sergeant: We missed sir.

Tarkin: Miss? It's Alderan... how do you miss a planet?

Gunner Sergeant: I think.... I think the planet skipped or something.

Tarkin: Never mind, commence attack again.

*A button is pressed which switches on a panel of lights. A hooded Imperial soldier reaches overhead and pulls a lever. Another lever is pulled. Vader reaches for still another lever and a bank of lights on a panel and wall light up. A huge beam of light emanates from within a cone-shaped area and converges into a single laser beam momentarily... then all the lights go out*

Tarkin: What... what happened?

Watch Commander: I'm getting reports that power in the station has gone out.

Vader: *rolls his eyes* Ouch... I forgot it hurts when I do that.

Watch Commander: Say again... you blew a fuse?

Tarkin: What now?!

Watch Commander: Reports indicate we blew a fuse.

Tarkin: Well then replace the fuse, and recommence the attack!

Watch Commander: Aye sir. Dudley, get that fuse replaced, so we can try again.

*Low level worker is shown going to a fuse board with a standby fuse. He looks at the board and pulls out the blown fuse and replaces it with a new one.*

*Lights turn back on*

Watch Commander: Yes, I can confirm, we have power back to. Gunner Sergeant, recommence the attack.

Gunner Sergeant: Double check the coordinates you imbeciles. And let's get this right!

*A button is pressed which switches on a panel of lights. A hooded Imperial soldier reaches overhead and pulls a lever. Another lever is pulled. Vader reaches for still another lever and a bank of lights on a panel and wall light up. A huge beam of light emanates from within a cone-shaped area and converges into a single laser beam out toward the general direction of Alderaan, however a duck intercepts the laser beam and beam disintegrates the duck.*

Gunner Sergeant: Direct hit! Wait... no...

Tarkin: Now what?

Gunner Sergeant: Tracking was perfect, but the beam hit a passing by duck.

Tarkin: In space?

Leia: *Looks at her watch.*

Tarkin: Do you have somewhere else to be?

Leia: Well, at this point, I might prefer the floating torture ball thing.

Tarkin: Gunner, if you don't hit the planet this time, I'm to have Vader do his chokey thing on you. Now recommence the attack.

Gunner Sergeant: Come on, let's blow that planet up this time, or I get chokey'd by Vader.

*A button is pressed which switches on a panel of lights. A hooded Imperial soldier reaches overhead and pulls a lever. Another lever is pulled. A huge beam of light emanates from within a cone-shaped area and converges into a single laser beam out toward the direction of Alderaan.*

Gunner Sergeant: Oh fuck. *covers his throat*

Tarkin: We missed the planet again?

Gunner Sergeant: Kind of sir, we only managed to graze the planet.

Tarkin: What did we hit?

Gunner Sergeant: It appears to be a hair and nail salon.

Tarkin: Did we do any damage at least?

Gunner Sergeant: No, but we did knock out their Wi-Fi...

Tarkin: Well I gu...

Gunner Sergeant: Wait no... it's back on.

Tarkin: Vader, kill him!

Vader: Yes sir. Wait... wait... this one might be on me. I forgot to pull that lever. That's my fault.

Tarkin: *vein visibly popping out on forehead* If we don't blow this planet up on the next try, I'm going to order the self destruction of this ship. Now blow that damn planet up.

Gunner Sergeant: Yes si..... *whistle goes off*

*All the staff get up from chairs and start walking out*

Tarkin: Wait... what is this?!

Watch Commander: End of the watch sir.

Tarkin: There is no end of the watc... Hey! Get back here Vader!

Tarkin: There is no end of the watch while engagng in a political terror attack.

Watch Commander: Them be the Union rules. 6 hour shifts, no shorter, no longer. That clock turns 1800, we are out. If you want to file a grievance...

Tarkin: Choke him Vader.

Vader: Well, he is right, we are supposed to abide by the Union rules...

*zoom out to show Death Star floating in space*

Tarkin: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

*On the Millenium Falcon*

Obi Wan: Winces.

Luke Skywalker: Are you okay, what is wrong?

Obi Wan: There was a great disturbance in the Force, as if one person were uttering millions of curses all at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom