• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

State Department - Do the Sluice Gates Open Now?

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
The Trump Admin has been the leakiest Administration in the history of the United States. And that isn't without trying to plug the leaks. The whole impeachment ordeal stemmed from a whistleblower who's attempt to blow a whistle was covered up with a pillow by the Trump Admin... but even then, its existence leaked out.

But we have reached a new low for the Trump Administration, in the lesser noted revelation in the Parnas documentation. A guy currently running for a US Congressional Seat in Connecticut, and had donated $2000 to Trump's 2020 re-election campaign, stated in multiple encrypted messages that he was monitoring (somehow) the US Ambassador to Ukraine. This is a pretty big deal for a few reasons.

1) A US citizen tracking a US Diplomat? That is Tom Clancy bullshit.
2) This person had the contact info for a higher up level goon of Giuliani. How the fuck did that happen? How does a guy that donates such a small amount of money wander into a scenario where he is attempting to help deal with the 'ambassador problem', referencing her protection detail?!
3) The point of my thread... The State Department hasn't said a word.

Honestly, is there anything Pompeo can say to quell his department? His leadership at State has been appalling, which could be expected due to his incredible lack of experience. But when revelations of what Hyde stated in his comments to Parnas go completely unreacted to, when even the Ukrainian Government launches an investigation, one has to wonder if people who have long been holding out at State decide, it is time to open the gates and flood the data to the press.

Prediction: Nothing much will happen. Historians of our era will have their say -- that's all. Trump has perverted huge swaths of our government. The state department was cratered out in the first year of his admin. DOJ with Barr is a whorehouse. Republicans bet that they can continue to hold power with the force of gerrymandering, the electoral college, voter suppression, the Senate, and the giant hot air machine of Fox + Rush + evangelicals. And they may be right. You can game the Constitution -- isn't that the theme of modern Republicanism?

But what happens when the "Deep State" does actually go into action? IE, the professionals see that US diplomats are nothing but fodder to this Administration, they lose the last bit of connection to the Administration and have no problem unseating the leader. The people that work in these departments serve both parties, whomever is in the White House, but with morale so low in the State Department and a man tied directly to Trump's cabal soliciting services to deal with a US Ambassador? In the end, I would think State Department servants will back their own in the face of a traitorous President.

Paraphrased Pompeo said ~'The media lies, but we'll look into it... kind of.'

article said:
"We will do everything we need to do to evaluate whether there was something that took place there," Pompeo told conservative radio host Tony Katz.

"I suspect that much of what's been reported will ultimately prove wrong, but our obligation, my obligation as secretary of state, is to make sure that we evaluate, investigate. Any time there is someone who posits that there may have been a risk to one of our officers, we'll obviously do that," Pompeo said.
Okay, let's identify what is wrong here.

1) "Told conservative radio host." What?! So 48 hours without a word... and Sec. of State Pompeo comes out of silence in an interview on AM fucking Radio? Not a press statement from the State Department?

2) "I suspect that much of what's been reported will ultimately prove wrong". What was reported were the texts, verbatim. Not suggestions, not insinuations... but the flat out indicated conspiracy implied by what Robert Hyde (wannabe R) stated straight up in his texts with Parnas.

3) "someone who posits that there may have been a risk to one of our officers". The guy (Robert Hyde) wrote: "She under heavy protection outside Kiev." and "They are willing to help if we/you would like a price … Guess you can do anything in Ukraine with money … what I was told." Hyde said he had a guy on the "inside". Posits a threat?! Are you kidding me? Maybe the Trump Admin needs to do what they did in Russia and the whole bloody administration resigns and gets replaced.

Back
Top Bottom