• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Stupidest Article for Small Government Ever Made

SLD

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Freethinker
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...society_based_on_small_technology_123952.html

Yes apparently because technology has gotten small we need small government. In the past we needed large government because technology was about big things like oil rigs and skyscrapers. Apparently small things don't need regulation because they aren't dangerous to us. So, for example, drugs don't need an approval process or manufacturing regulations because what you don't know about their manufacture and testing won't hurt you. Maybe.

Are Libertarians really this stupid?

SLD

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...society_based_on_small_technology_123952.html

Yes apparently because technology has gotten small we need small government. In the past we needed large government because technology was about big things like oil rigs and skyscrapers. Apparently small things don't need regulation because they aren't dangerous to us. So, for example, drugs don't need an approval process or manufacturing regulations because what you don't know about their manufacture and testing won't hurt you. Maybe.

Are Libertarians really this stupid?

SLD

It appears so. I really have not seen a single libertarian position on Global Warming. They seem to think that everything can be handled by mom and pop..."no stinkin' badges necessary." We are truly suffering from "big." I will agree with that.
When we start building our sea walls everywhere, I suspect they will be massive projects that only a government can handle. I saw a special on Kiribati that is sinking into the ocean. They were promised money in Copenhagen and it has not arrived. The government there just mobilizes everything it has and goes begging for more. It has started making arrangements for its people to locate in other countries with high ground. There are three quarters of a million people in that island nation. They need their $30 billion now!

Watching that opened my eyes to just what we will be facing on seacoasts all over the world. Our governments so far are only big enough to snuff out requests for help and not actually help. Where is Kiribati's $30 billion? Where are most of our peoples' heads? Up their ass, right there with their small thinking and small acting governments. The answer is to have humanitarian government, not afraid of becoming big enough to tackle the problems modern civilization has thrust upon us. That just kind of reminds me of Joplin and Murray. You cannot discount the necessity for government and it must be fair.

The biggest enemies of government are governments that fail in their duties to their people....fail in "promoting the general welfare." Our founding fathers sort of had the right idea in the preamble to our constitution, then they went immediately to undermining themselves with codifying slavery.:thinking:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom