• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Supply chain mess.

bleubird

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
none
I order for a small store. The covid disruption has been a big pain!
What was this moron thinking?
Politics. The GOP will do anything to make a stink these days.

What Abbot did was disgusting and I had thought about starting a thread about this myself, but due to all of the harsh backlash, he stopped demanding these unnecessary inspections.

https://thehill.com/news/state-watc...tions-of-trucks-at-border-that-snarled-trade/

Republican Gov. Greg Abbott (Texas) announced Friday that he would be ending the increased inspections of trucks at the border that raised alarms due to the traffic jams and the slowdown in trade the measure caused.

Abbott said last week that every commercial truck would have to be inspected as a means to combat cartels and drugs at the border. The move was also in response to the Biden administration saying it would end Title 42, which allowed Border Patrol to deny asylum claims and easily deport migrants.

However, the Abbott’s directive drew backlash, even from some Republicans, as long traffic jams came as a result and threatened hundreds of millions of dollars in fruits and vegetables that were being transported from Mexico to the U.S.

I order for a small store. The covid disruption has been a big pain!
What was this moron thinking?

Discourage companies from buying Mexican products.

I read quite a bit about what was happening during this action of Abbot's. For example, some American farms grow products on both sides of the border so that produce will be available all year long for Americans. Lots of produce was rotting in the trucks while Abbot was slowing things down by demanding these unnecessary inspections.

American companies like Ford and GM make car parts on both sides of the border. Abbot's actions were making it difficult for parts to arrive on time. It's good that there was such a backlash to Abbot's attempts to own the libs. Isn't that really what this was about? It backfired as both the trucking industry and some Republicans were very critical of this idiotic action.

Perhaps Loren's post was meant to be sarcastic, but it would have helped if he had put the /s after it. :)

I read quite a bit about what was happening during this action of Abbot's. For example, some American farms grow products on both sides of the border so that produce will be available all year long for Americans. Lots of produce was rotting in the trucks while Abbot was slowing things down by demanding these unnecessary inspections.

American companies like Ford and GM make car parts on both sides of the border. Abbot's actions were making it difficult for parts to arrive on time. It's good that there was such a backlash to Abbot's attempts to own the libs. Isn't that really what this was about? It backfired as both the trucking industry and some Republicans were very critical of this idiotic action.

Perhaps Loren's post was meant to be sarcastic, but it would have helped if he had put the /s after it. :)
No, it wasn't meant to be sarcastic.

Make bringing stuff across the border risky, companies will be less likely to do it even though it's legal to do.

Make bringing stuff across the border risky, companies will be less likely to do it even though it's legal to do.

:picardfacepalm:Like the great war didn't teach us the importance of trade. Like Nixon nixing the gold standard was just because he can. It's 2022, and the survival of many people is dependent on trading across borders. Nobody wants it to be a risky process. Well nobody except emotionally unstable nutjobs who live in a 1,500-year-old land of make-believe.

:picardfacepalm:Like the great war didn't teach us the importance of trade. Like Nixon nixing the gold standard was just because he can. It's 2022, and the survival of many people is dependent on trading across borders. Nobody wants it to be a risky process. Well nobody except emotionally unstable nutjobs who live in a 1,500-year-old land of make-believe.
You miss my point.

I'm saying he pulled this stupid stunt to make companies less willing to trade with Mexico because of the risk. He shouldn't be doing that but that doesn't mean he didn't.

You miss my point.

I'm saying he pulled this stupid stunt to make companies less willing to trade with Mexico because of the risk. He shouldn't be doing that but that doesn't mean he didn't.
That was a chime in not a chastisement. My error for not making it clear Loren.

Back
Top Bottom