• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Taliban blames inertia for unfortunate Taliban bombings in Kabul.

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
KABUL, ISLAMIC EMIRATES OF AFGHANISTAN -- The acting leader of the Taliban stated in a national broadcast that he was saddened by the bombings that took place in Kabul earlier this week that killed 63 people. He cited "wartime inertia" for why the Taliban planted bombs near a market place, after the Taliban had seized control of the nation. The Taliban leader stated that the people of Afghanistan should be assured that there would be no more accidental bombings... from now on.

Have we ever had a good outcome, when we went into the Middle East? Is this a good place for us to nation-build, or "liberate", or anything else? My mind wandered back to the Gulf War of '90-'91, but that had a sequel twelve years later. Since we fought our most recent wars using the national credit card, we now have well over 2 trillion of our debt in the quagmire of the past two decades. I don't even want to look up how many Americans, Iraqis, and Afghanis lost their lives. I'm sure there are no easy answers, and I get why we invaded Afghanistan in the first place, but I hope we have begun to study alternate strategies to sending in the armed forces.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom