• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Apocalypse/Antichrist Argument

The book of Job has Satan taking instructions from God.
The book of Job is mostly about a friendly little bet. Satan says, "I'll bet you one shekel I can make Job curse you." Yahweh says, "You're on. Don't kill him but do anything else you want to him." The Romans would have had Jupiter say, "Job is my friend. He is under my protection. Anything you do to him, I'll do to you a million times over. Not in some sweet bye and bye, but right now." And then Mars would have broken Satan's legs.

Eldarion Lathria

The book of Job has Satan taking instructions from God.

Everyone does.
...eventually.

Cooperate with the inevitable

The point is that Satan was not depicted as being the Devil in revolt against God, but an agent of God doing the will of God.

No.
Job 1:12 specifically states that satan is the one with the power.

"everything he has is in your power..." (GNT)
"all that he has is in your hand..." (ESV)
"that he hath is in thy power..." (KJV)

The point is that Satan was not depicted as being the Devil in revolt against God, but an agent of God doing the will of God.

No.
Job 1:12 specifically states that satan is the one with the power.

"everything he has is in your power..." (GNT)
"all that he has is in your hand..." (ESV)
"that he hath is in thy power..." (KJV)

As instructed by God. It is God who gives Satan permission to act against Job, instructing precisely how far to push Job. God is clearly in control and it is Satan who obeys.

I don't understand how anyone can possibly argue that God isn't a wanker in the Tanakh.

Well, looks like the Shitty Apocalypse seems to have been called off on account to people deciding in general that it was a bad idea.

"...the end of the world starts here"
[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ftlLZxqc5Q[/YOUTUBE]

"Crowley had always known that he would be around when the world ended, because he was immortal and wouldn’t have any alternative. But he hoped it was a long way off. Because he rather liked people. It was major failing in a demon. Oh, he did his best to make their short lives miserable, because that was his job, but nothing he could think up was half as bad as the stuff they thought up themselves...." https://www.goodreads.com/work/quot...and-accurate-prophecies-of-agnes-nutter-witch

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoHiCJdJimI[/YOUTUBE]

At Mass this morning.
GOSPEL - A reading from the holy Gospel according to Matthew. (25:1-13)

"...So stay awake, because you do not know either the day or the hour."
The Gospel of the Lord.

It is said that the hour and day are not known, yet a timeframe is given;

''Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place…“ Mark 13: 26 - 30

Matthew 24:14

14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

1 Thessalonians 5:3

3 For when they shall say, "Peace and safety;" then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

Back
Top Bottom