• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The fake claims of essential oil purveyors and their pyramid schemes

starwater

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Moving to the 4th Dimension
Has anyone run into these cults? I say it's a cult because these freaks believe everything that "Dr." Young (Young Living) and Doterra put up as their cure all for every aliment. Including using pure essential oils (EOs) on animals. Cats in particular cannot process the oils and there has been anecdotal evidence of deaths of cats through the direct use of the EOs.

The FDA in 2015 apparently had enough and send a cease and desist letter to Young Living and Doterra for claiming EOs cured Ebola among all the other fake claims.

I still run into these people trying to sell me over priced EOs with questionable GC/MS results.

A good friend of mine is hook line and sinker devotee of Young Living. She has even been to Ecuador (where Mr. Young resides because he was kicked out of the US for practicing medicine without a license). She puts on these bogus presentations with all the YL claptrap and advocates ingestion of the oils.

They also have their pyramid schemes well placed and have "down lines" for their overpriced EOs.

There are other excellent researchers out there like Robert Tissrerand who work with science based facts.

I make cold process soap and use essential oils for fragrance since fragrance oils make me break out. I can purchase higher quality oils in bulk than these tiny little .5 ounce jars.

Just food for thought and general discussion.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom