• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The latest voting bloc: Asian Indian Americans

lpetrich

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
I say Asian ones as opposed to "Native" Americans. I've seen dot vs. feather Indians for the two. For my part, I don't like memorializing Christopher Columbus's big mistake.

Trump spent years trying to win over Indian Americans. Then Biden picked Harris. - POLITICO
Donald Trump has worked for years to make inroads with Indian Americans in ways Republican presidential candidates never have — recruiting volunteers at Indian grocery stores, holding events in five Indian languages and paying for targeted digital ads.

Joe Biden undercut those efforts in a matter of weeks.

First, Biden selected Kamala Harris, the daughter of an Indian mother and Jamaican father, as his running mate. Within days, Harris was speaking to Indian Americans on India’s Independence Day about her grandfather, who helped push for India’s liberation. Then she was boosting the campaign’s launch of a new Indian coalition. And last week, Biden supporters released a video with a song remix from the popular Bollywood movie "Lagaan" about an Indian village fighting British rule.
So KH is a favorite daughter.

"About 1.8 million Indian Americans are eligible to vote this year, many living in contested states, including Florida, Pennsylvania, Michigan and Nevada, where their vote could make a difference."

Back
Top Bottom