• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Liar's paradox

I guess i already explained my position so there's no need to repeat. Merely claiming something is dumb isn't good enough with me.
EB

Dumb, pointless, useless, however you want to term it. A logical model with no application is really nothing more than just a logical model with no application.

There's nothing profound about a word game.

Good, you've made that point already.

If it's "dumb, pointless, useless", you really don't need to spend time pointing out it is more than once.

Just relax and let go of it. I heard you.
EB

The application is the theory of logic. Apparently there's no theory of logic that solves the paradox. As such, this horse can still do some effective work.
EB

Because it's a dumb word game made up to have no solution. That's not effective work. That's nothing. We can theorize things that aren't real - whoop-dee-fucking-shit. We can also make up knock-knock jokes and limericks. The difference is that you need to be a little bit clever to create an effective limerick and this thing doesn't rise up to that bar.

I guess i already explained my position so there's no need to repeat. Merely claiming something is dumb isn't good enough with me.
EB

Merely claiming that something IS a paradox isn't good enough for me.

This sentence is not a sentence. #paradox
Truth is a lie. #paradox
Cars have horns. Cows have horns. #paradox

Save water and waste paper. #paradox

5c9852bcadc3be48a967debf17b1e340.jpg

EB

Merely claiming that something IS a paradox isn't good enough for me.

Who cares?

This sentence is not a sentence. #paradox
Truth is a lie. #paradox
Cars have horns. Cows have horns. #paradox

Save water and waste paper. #paradox

View attachment 20176

You'd need to learn to articular your point, Bill.
EB

- - - Updated - - -

Chomsky is a great genius.

It is foolish to disagree with him.

I'm sure all the small geniuses glowing in the night would disagree with that.
EB

Chomsky is a great genius.

It is foolish to disagree with him.

I'm sure all the small geniuses glowing in the night would disagree with that.
EB

He has bested them his whole life.

If you watch this video to it's end you will see an 80 something Chomsky teaching a room full of small geniuses some lessons.

It is a masterful demonstration of logic and reason.

Great geniuses do great things.

Besides his incredible work in politics Chomsky completely transformed the study of linguistics. There is now pre-Chomskian linguistics and post-Chomskian linguistics.

Genius is only what genius does.

Back
Top Bottom