• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The universe is anarcho capitalistic

crispy

Basic Beliefs
why do you care?
Would you agree with the premise that the universe is anarcho capitalistic? In the sense that if I went to alpha centauri there would obviously be no law enforcement, or courts? Of course setting aside that laws are a human construct, but since im there as an anarcho capitalist, laws fitting such a society would apply.

If so, from an anarcho capitalists viewpoint, the whole universe is actually anarcho capitalist. Even here on earth. Its just these corporations we call states where some of their own rules apply on their private property.

Does that make sense?

As far as i see, the natural world say nothing about individual sovereignty, private property or open markets. These ideas do not appear to exist as natural law, or physics.

As far as i see, the natural world say nothing about individual sovereignty, private property or open markets. These ideas do not appear to exist as natural law, or physics.

Of course, but since we argue from the point of an anarcho capitalist, the universe as a whole would be anarcho capitalistic right? This isn't necessarily true for other political stances, since most of the time they depend on an established society.

What the hell is "anarcho capitalistic"?

It looks like an oxymoron.

Wouldn't it technically be a dictatorship, since the only rules are those which you decide are the rules?

Wouldn't it technically be a dictatorship, since the only rules are those which you decide are the rules?

Well, Im sure the anarco capitalists have a definition of what laws make up an anarcho capitalistic soceity.

The point is that some anarcho capitalists don't quite understand how crazy an idea they have. If I object to one, saying that under anarcho capitalism, this or that scenario would be possible they usually scoff saying that the market wouldn't allow that. But the thing is, as I see it, from their point of view the whole universe is anarcho capitalistic, so even our world today is actually anarcho capitalistic, as crazy as it may sound - the problem though is that the majority of the land is privately owned by these corporations we call countries, where all sorts of rules apply.. but you are always* free to leave.

*North Korea excluded

Of course, but since we argue from the point of an anarcho capitalist, the universe as a whole would be anarcho capitalistic right?

I don't see it. The universe may be described in terms of physics, relativity and quantum (physics of scale), but not in terms sovereignty, private property or open markets, which are human ideas.

Would you agree with the premise that the universe is anarcho capitalistic? In the sense that if I went to alpha centauri there would obviously be no law enforcement, or courts? Of course setting aside that laws are a human construct, but since im there as an anarcho capitalist, laws fitting such a society would apply.

If so, from an anarcho capitalists viewpoint, the whole universe is actually anarcho capitalist. Even here on earth. Its just these corporations we call states where some of their own rules apply on their private property.

Does that make sense?

I can see how the universe might be described as anarchic, but I have no idea which orifice you pulled the "capitalistic" part from.

Well, I can guess the orifice, but I figure you could try clarifying what you mean before I make that conclusion.

I'm not even sure about the anarchic part, matter/energy behaving strictly according to the principles or 'laws' of physics. Nothing really breaks the fundamental rules of physics.

I'm not even sure about the anarchic part, matter/energy behaving strictly according to the principles or 'laws' of physics. Nothing really breaks the fundamental rules of physics.

Therefore: Anarchists don't break the fundamental rules of physics.

Just like the universe.

Just like the universe.

Anarchists break the rules that Governments impose upon them (or so they feel). They are Anarchists in relation to the rule of law, but not Anarchists in relation to the rules of Physics....which they cannot break.

Just like the universe.

Anarchists break the rules that Governments impose upon them (or so they feel). They are Anarchists in relation to the rule of law, but not Anarchists in relation to the rules of Physics....which they cannot break.

True, but my reply was meant as humor.

Back
Top Bottom