• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The value of Bible literature for atheism and the value of atheism for Bible literature

The bible is an excellent tool to de-convert Christians and the bible is a ready example of the absurdity of western religions.

One day we will look back and wonder "what the hell where these people thinking".
Spoilers: they weren't. Someone was long ago, and then folks wrote that down and used it as an excuse to not think.

Rinse.

Repeat.
You nailed it but you misidentified it. So I fixed it.

The bible is an excellent tool to de-convert Christians and the bible is a ready example of the absurdity of western religions.

One day we will look back and wonder "what the hell where these people thinking".
Spoilers: they weren't. Someone was long ago, and then folks wrote that down and used it as an excuse to not think.

Rinse.

Repeat.
You nailed it but you misidentified it. So I fixed it.
Ah yes, the belief that ancient folks couldn't discover knowledge and pass it on, because obviously it was safe to eat undercooked pork in the bronze age, and it was OK to murder folks, and in the bronze age it was never useful to tell kids to mind their parents.

Obviously, there were no problems with clothing of mixed fabrics attracting bugs which would then destroy ALL someone's clothes vs just eating the individual pieces the bugs found delicious, and mildew on pottery wasn't such a big deal

And of course, there's no wisdom at all to loving your neighbors and having social order thus.

Or maybe occasionally folks who could think were born who actually used their ability to think.

Religions are retained largely because while the adherents are idiots and the contents are NOT supported with any kind of argument, they are still mostly right, and all of it is predicated on the ability to retain occasional gushes of wisdom from that tap.

For that to happen, people do occasionally have to be right about some things.

But as mentioned, the religious take that as an excuse to not think for themselves.

I will reject your "correction".

Or maybe occasionally folks who could think were born who actually used their ability to think.

Religions are retained largely because while the adherents are idiots and the contents are NOT supported with any kind of argument, they are still mostly right, and all of it is predicated on the ability to retain occasional gushes of wisdom from that tap.

But as mentioned, the religious take that as an excuse to not think for themselves.

I don't click random YouTube video links. You will have to transcribe or say the quiet part out loud. It's OK, I don't bite much.

Back
Top Bottom