• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Ticketmaster gouging

TSwizzle

Let's Go Brandon!
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
A leading Bruce Springsteen fanzine has announced that it will close after 43 years, citing among other reasons unchecked ticket price hikes the editors say many fans can no longer afford. He went on to say that readers and fans felt equally let down as ticket prices went as high as $4,000-5,000 owing to “dynamic pricing”, a Ticketmaster policy that allows prices to change in response to demand.

Teh Gruaniad

Isn’t this a type of scalping? I thought scalping was illegal.

A leading Bruce Springsteen fanzine has announced that it will close after 43 years, citing among other reasons unchecked ticket price hikes the editors say many fans can no longer afford. He went on to say that readers and fans felt equally let down as ticket prices went as high as $4,000-5,000 owing to “dynamic pricing”, a Ticketmaster policy that allows prices to change in response to demand.

Teh Gruaniad

Isn’t this a type of scalping? I thought scalping was illegal.
That is the unchecked free market bullshit you dream of. Why should they sell tickets for less than the market is will8ng to pay?

So, Steve Hackett is coming to town. I want to buy tickets. Look at Ticketmaster and the seats that were selling for $55 are being sold for $300+. A seat three rows behind where I bought seats, is selling for $32 more than what I paid at the theater. Including fees, the ticket is twice the price of what I paid for a seat three rows in front. Should be called ScalpMaster.

Tickets for Matilda, the fees were close to 20% the face price of the ticket. Again, buying at the theater, no fees.

I think Ticketmaster should be required to report the face price of the ticket in the sale of any ticket. IE, if the original price was $55, it should say Cost $80 (Face Price $55).

Back
Top Bottom