• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Travis Scott - Yeah... it is his fault

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
As a LFC fan, though I post-date the Hillsborough tragedy, I am well aware of crushes. Crushes are something that happens when too many people are taking up too little space. It has absolutely nothing to do with anything but that. And right now, the media, at the behest of the authorities, are trying to make people think that acting like a goon is what causes crushes.

This happened at Hillsborough too, when the toll in lives made it very clear someone fucked up huge.

I have no idea who Travis Scott is, but the insistence of raising his 'criminal' record and talking about all he did wrong, when the authorities at the site (including over 300 security personnel) fucked up and let a crush happen. Travis Scott stopped the concert on multiple occasions regarding what he saw. But instead, we are being told he likes to rile up people. Riling up people doesn't create a crush. That happens when too many people in the back push forward. I saw one officer note that every person at the event was responsible for safety. Except individuals can't tell there is a crush until it is too late.

As I understand, TC has a history of encouraging fans to rush the stage and climb over barricades. Such behavior has caused several previous incidents including injuries. This time it went too far.

Bruce Hornsby did likewise (though not calling for a "rage"), no one died. A crush is a large scale event requiring a lot of people to be compressing each other. That comes from the back, not the front. The authorities fucked up because 1) they didn't even recognize it was happening and 2) had nothing in place to deal with it. So they blame the fans and the guy on stage.

So no seating, nothing to keep a crowd from pressing forward. Just empty space. Because it's cheapest. My understanding is this is just a big empty dirt lot just south of the Astrodome. If no seating, there should at least be stout railings that file people into rows. Perhaps consult Temple Grandin. I believe she understands the behavior of panicked animals. Should work for concert goers too.
This is nothing new. Festival seating was a terror to experience. Run or die. Houston should have never allowed this to happen. History has advised against such.

This dirt lot, I reckon.

Back
Top Bottom