• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump Backing Rogue Libyan General Over US Backed Libyan Government?!

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
So is Trump trying to deflect from Mueller or is he just this incredibly stupid? This is too stupid and requires it own thread!

CNN (my emphasis) said:
President Donald Trump spoke with Libyan general Khalifa Haftar Monday, praising his role in fighting terrorism and securing Libya's vast oil resources even as Haftar's troops continue their offensive against the UN and US-backed government in the Libyan capital of Tripoli.

Trump "recognized Field Marshal Haftar's significant role in fighting terrorism and securing Libya's oil resources, and the two discussed a shared vision for Libya's transition to a stable, democratic political system," the White House said Friday in its official readout of the call.

The statement made no mention of Haftar's offensive on Tripoli, and Trump's praise for the rogue Libyan general signals a departure from previous administration statements condemning Haftar's march on the capital.
:eek:

WTF?! Trump spoke with the rogue general who is trying to topple the US backed Libyan Government?! I'm thinking that news report is going to cause some bricks to drop in pants in Tripoli.

So is Trump trying to deflect from Mueller or is he just this incredibly stupid? This is too stupid and requires it own thread!

CNN (my emphasis) said:
President Donald Trump spoke with Libyan general Khalifa Haftar Monday, praising his role in fighting terrorism and securing Libya's vast oil resources even as Haftar's troops continue their offensive against the UN and US-backed government in the Libyan capital of Tripoli.

Trump "recognized Field Marshal Haftar's significant role in fighting terrorism and securing Libya's oil resources, and the two discussed a shared vision for Libya's transition to a stable, democratic political system," the White House said Friday in its official readout of the call.

The statement made no mention of Haftar's offensive on Tripoli, and Trump's praise for the rogue Libyan general signals a departure from previous administration statements condemning Haftar's march on the capital.
:eek:

WTF?! Trump spoke with the rogue general who is trying to topple the US backed Libyan Government?! I'm thinking that news report is going to cause some bricks to drop in pants in Tripoli.
Jimmy, it is the OBAMA backed Libyan Government.

Back
Top Bottom