• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump Didn’t Want Braille in Trump Tower Elevators

phands

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Hardcore Atheist
Every day, more confirmation of his scumminess...

Donald Trump once tried to veto the use of Braille in the elevators of Trump Tower, and was unaware—and unmoved—by the fact that it was required by federal law, according to a Wednesday report from the New York Daily News. When an architect informed him the Braille was, in fact, mandatory, Trump reportedly responded “Get rid of the (expletive) Braille. No blind people are going to live in Trump Tower. Just do it,” before calling the architect weak. Barbara Res, the author of the piece, was vice president in charge of construction at the Trump Organization. She noted that Trump may not have actually been campaigning against Braille: “I had seen him do this kind of thing before and would again,” she wrote. “He would say whatever came into his head. Ordering an underling to do something that was impossible gave Trump the opportunity to castigate a subordinate and also blame him for anything that ‘went wrong’ in connection with the unperformed order later.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-didnt-want-braille-in-trump-tower-elevators-report?ref=home

Jebus! Trump is threatening alliances with nations by our side for upwards of a century plus... and we keep seeing stuff like "Trump kicks dog" or "Trump doesn't like braille".

It seems a part of media will print anything bad about Trump, which starts feeding into his narrative as the walls close in on him. We know and can prove that Trump is an asshat. That isn't impeachable.

We know and can prove that Trump is an asshat. That isn't impeachable.

Sure it is.
"High crimes" does not mean an actual felony. It means anything that reflects poorly on the office. Impeachment is just a referendum saying that 'we do not think this man should hold this office.' If enough people vote that he's an asshat, he's an impeached asshat.

We know and can prove that Trump is an asshat. That isn't impeachable.

Sure it is.
"High crimes" does not mean an actual felony. It means anything that reflects poorly on the office. Impeachment is just a referendum saying that 'we do not think this man should hold this office.' If enough people vote that he's an asshat, he's an impeached asshat.
The Republicans clearly have indicated being an asshat as a Republican President isn't impeachable and the Dems are mathematically incapable of getting enough Senate seats to say otherwise. Also, this stuff was from a while back.

I didn't say it was likely to happen, but it's still possible.
And there is no statute of limitations on impeachment. They could impeach him for a lawsuit that's been settled, or for punching an art teacher in grade school.

I didn't say it was likely to happen, but it's still possible.
And there is no statute of limitations on impeachment. They could impeach him for a lawsuit that's been settled, or for punching an art teacher in grade school.
At this point, the Republicans wouldn't impeach him for knifing his entire Cabinet.

These continual small snippets of Trump shittiness will not affect diehard Trump supporters nor change the minds of anti-Trumps. But these may over time change the minds of those who were not Trump supporters (anti HRCers) etc....

These continual small snippets of Trump shittiness will not affect diehard Trump supporters nor change the minds of anti-Trumps. But these may over time change the minds of those who were not Trump supporters (anti HRCers) etc....
Would they? I mean, I remember being a bit puzzled how some people were on the fence about Gore or W... or W or Kerry. I'm not certain how many people in the nation are on the fence about Trump. The fact that a majority of the nation thinks the economy is doing really well... and Trump's numbers are skimming 40% approval, there would appear to be little that Trump could do to convince anyone differently about him.

Would they? I mean, I remember being a bit puzzled how some people were on the fence about Gore or W... or W or Kerry. I'm not certain how many people in the nation are on the fence about Trump. The fact that a majority of the nation thinks the economy is doing really well... and Trump's numbers are skimming 40% approval, there would appear to be little that Trump could do to convince anyone differently about him.
I think there are gradations of support for any politician, and I think is Trump is slowly eroding support among the less ardent in the GOP. The midterms will be a good test of this hypothesis.

It is indeed.

But, given the scum in his cabinet, stabbing them would improve his image in the eyes of reasonable people. So, also the truth.

I think there are gradations of support for any politician, and I think is Trump is slowly eroding support among the less ardent in the GOP. The midterms will be a good test of this hypothesis.
I want to share your optimism.

It is indeed.

But, given the scum in his cabinet, stabbing them would improve his image in the eyes of reasonable people. So, also the truth.

Fair point.

If Trump came out tomorrow and said "Hey, I just stabbed Betsy DeVos", the main response would be along the lines of "Umm ... thanks?"

Back
Top Bottom