• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump spouting off about the Fire Marshall before knowing the facts is worse than anything else so far

repoman

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Science Based Atheism
This shows that he doesn't even know what is happening with his own organization and that his organization won't correct him politely, but firmly. This was the second time he did it.

This should lose him even the staunch ideologues and so on. Total and complete incompetence. Pathetic...

Trump explicitly spun it like he was blindsided on the day of the event.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/08/donald-trump-2016-rally-size-214132

The documents directly contradict the account that Trump gave to reporters on Monday, when he said: “The fire marshall said he is not allowed to allow any more even though the building holds many thousands of people. I will just tell you that it is politics at its lowest. You ought to check it out. But it is really politics at its lowest. So that is for political reasons they have been turned away,” Trump told reporters.

According to Jennifer Davis, the marketing director for the Greater Columbus Convention Center facility, “The event agreement signed by Trump’s people was executed Friday evening. The Trump people said they expected 800 people plus 200 media. There were several individuals from Trump’s campaign at the meeting. When the maximum capacity was made clear by the city fire marshal at 1,000, that was when the Trump campaign decided it would be a [smaller] ‘Town Hall’ meeting.”

Columbus Assistant Fire Chief Jim Cannell confirmed that fire officials met with Trump’s staff Friday. “The space was limited to 1,000 people due to safety concerns. They knew that was the plan, that it was 1,000 people max,” Cannell said, adding: “We are just doing our job.”

Any truth can be overcome with smugness and shallow concern.

And nobody can be forced to feel shame.

But Trump's sense of superiority and therefore sense of entitlement is clearly apparent. Praise me or I shit on you! I discuss no matters with inferiors.

For others with just as much of a sense of entitlement, who have lived like royalty for decades, it is better hidden.

Eh... It's a little slimy but it's not exactly worse than other things he's said.

I mean, this is exactly how the Right wing media reacts to EVERYTHING. They just assume that if something isn't going their way it's because the evil liberals are behind it. They never bother to check their facts first and if they get around to checking them later they never retract their mistakes. If you're cool with Fox News doing this then you're probably cool with Trump doing this. BENGAZI!

I don't think Trump will loose any supporters over this. His supporters are inured to this sort of thing.

Back
Top Bottom