• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump whips out the Pardon stamp again

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
link

This is one of those Hollywood movie plots.
article said:
While Behenna said he killed Mansur in self-defense, during the trial he admitted that he disobeyed orders to return Mansour to his village after he was released from military intelligence and questioned about his connection to an explosion that killed two U.S. soldiers.

Prosecutors said Behenna instead interrogated and stripped Mansour naked before shooting him twice.
The interesting thing is he was convicted in '09, sentenced to 25 years... paroled in just 5 years. He was disobeying orders when he killed the man he believed to be involved with a bombing death of his fellow platoon members. He was tried in a court martial, and I've got to think, if you get convicted in one of those, you have to of done something wrong.

This pardon feels dirty. It sends the absolute wrong message to the military.

Behenna's case went through the military courts, including the appeals process, and a review board. If Wikipedia's account of the case is accurate, Behenna executed a naked, unarmed prisoner who he was supposed to release to his home village.
Trump, I think, uses the pardon process to 1) first & foremost, keep people in his administration from telling the truth, and 2) to outrage liberals. Both of those motives are degenerate, but that's what Trump is and does. Scooter? "Sheriff Joe"? Behenna? Look what the GOP is celebrating. There's a double dose of lunacy and moral blindness that's come with the cult of Trump. And this week, the Orange One is seeing his highest approval numbers yet (46%.) We need to pick our nominee very, very carefully.

Trump, I think, uses the pardon process to 1) first & foremost, keep people in his administration from telling the truth, and 2) to outrage liberals. Both of those motives are degenerate, but that's what Trump is and does. Scooter? "Sheriff Joe"? Behenna?

Red meat to the birthers and xenophobes.

It is interesting what the Republican Party has become. They have embraced the Alex Jones/Mike Adams "Natural News" crazy anti-government conspiracy theorists.

This guy is a friend of several friends on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/kevin.healy.3701

He is a vocal supporter of Trump.

If you scroll through his feed you'll see that he is viciously anti-vaccine and shares a lot of bunk in that area. He recently commented on a clean water post that he believes that septic tanks aren't a source of pollution and that he believes the state has nefarious ulterior motives for trying to get the hundreds of thousands of septic tanks in Florida hooked into centralized waste water treatment (septic tanks are a huge source of nitrogen and phosphorous to ground water and surface water and we have a severe algae problem because of excess nutrients but he doesn't believe it).

He also thinks that 5G technology will cause:
Lowered Fertility
Neurological/Neuropsychiatric effects
Cellular DNA damage
Aptosis – Programmed Cell Death
Oxidative Stress and Free Radical Damage
Endocrine (Hormonal) Effects
Excessive Intracellular Calcium
Cancer

These people aren't a majority of Republicans but they are the margin in the polls that elected Trump. Trump and the GOP strategists have correctly calculated that they can embrace the crazies without alienating any Republicans. Anti-vaccine crazies used to just be a few nutty liberals and pockets of religious cults. Democrats used to be able to pull the anti-establishment types if they bothered to vote at all. But the anti-Vaccine folks and people that believe that cell phones give you cancer are all-in for Trump as their anti-establishment hero. The clean water movement in Florida is dominated by aggressive Trump supporters. They believe that the state is deliberately polluting the water, that the state is trying to force people from septic systems onto centralized wastewater treatment because Agenda 21, etc... They will viciously insult state biologists in one post because of an algae bloom and invoke the holy name of Trump in the next. They apparently haven't yet noticed Scott Pruitt/Andrew Wheeler at EPE, the head of USDA, Wilbur Ross over Commerce/NOAA? Nope in their mind those guys are cleaning house and the Trump team will ride into Florida on a white horse and stop the Fish and Game Department from destroying wildlife and taking away their freedom.

So yeah, those pardons are for degenerate purposes. The Birthers were likely also Truthers and likely to believe anti-government conspiracy theories that would have had them railing against Bush and company. GOP won those voters over by convincing them that Hillary is deep state and that the identity politics of the Democrats is part of a deep state disinformation divide and conquer strategy. And by the way those Democrats are trying to take your hard earned money to give to lazy minorities and they are trying to import foreigners to take your jobs and they are in bed with the terrorists so that guy Trump just pardoned is a hero because he killed a terrorist.

He's hoping for retaliation so he can pull us into more military conflict. Just my opinion.
Behenna's case went through the military courts, including the appeals process, and a review board. If Wikipedia's account of the case is accurate, Behenna executed a naked, unarmed prisoner who he was supposed to release to his home village.
Trump, I think, uses the pardon process to 1) first & foremost, keep people in his administration from telling the truth, and 2) to outrage liberals. Both of those motives are degenerate, but that's what Trump is and does. Scooter? "Sheriff Joe"? Behenna? Look what the GOP is celebrating. There's a double dose of lunacy and moral blindness that's come with the cult of Trump. And this week, the Orange One is seeing his highest approval numbers yet (46%.) We need to pick our nominee very, very carefully.

How about 3) To tell our troops they can do whatever they want to the bad guys.

All pardons feel dirty to me. The mere concept of one guy having the right to forgive somebody's crimes for whatever reason they want or for no reason at all, is fundamentally unjust. People should have a right to appeal or a right to parole or maybe even a right to be forgiven for a crime, but not by one person with no just basis or reasoning.

All pardons feel dirty to me. The mere concept of one guy having the right to forgive somebody's crimes for whatever reason they want or for no reason at all, is fundamentally unjust. People should have a right to appeal or a right to parole or maybe even a right to be forgiven for a crime, but not by one person with no just basis or reasoning.

I think there is a place for them--correcting situations where the law as written doesn't match up with justice. Perhaps we need a different way of doing it, though.

I think there is a place for them--correcting situations where the law as written doesn't match up with justice. Perhaps we need a different way of doing it, though.
Trump must have been pissed when he found out he couldn't pardon Maximum Security.

Back
Top Bottom